The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I did a little digging around for this and was wondering if this is a good event for the non track people like myself? I see the green class all has instructors but I didn't see anything about what the "classroom" teaches. I'm considering the Lotus Driving School later this year because it covers a myriad of things over 2 days (skidpad, heel toe, lifting, etc) to give you an example.

I am an avid Autocrosser but never tracked so basically going out of second gear is new to me :)

And I also assume that a stock Elise (no rollcage, exstinguisher, hans, harness, etc) is ok based off your response to Scrumpot. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks all for the info! I have an Autox in Bowie on the 4th but just may cancel that for this :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am going to sign up tonight (unless my better half says otherwise :wallbang:). My friend with a G35 will also be signing up. I am definitely looking forward to life beyond 2nd gear rotfl

·
Registered
476 Posts
Scott,

A friend wants to attend as well but doesn't have his own helmet. Does he need one or are there any available there for rent/communal use?

2nd question: Do jeans apply as cotton?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Last question. I noticed there is a hardtop requirement for Targa tops. I couldn't find where to contact the Chief Event Steward, Chief Safety Steward, or Chief Instructor for details around Lotus requirements. I'd prefer not put my hard top on but if I have to I can. Can you PM me any of their info or let me know if the Lotus is an exception (or not an exception).

I don't have a rollcage.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You don't need a roll "cage". I always ran with my Hardtop on the Lotus, but you should be fine with the hardtop, soft top or no top. If you are driving the lotus, it has roll bar hidden behind the plastic and body panels, so it's not quite the same as a standard Targa top car.

The biggest thing is come out ready to have fun. Shenandoah is a fun track, but very technical w/lots of turns.

Be sure to do your tech form before coming out though! If you need a link to the form, just PM me.
Thanks for the response. I wish I could get a more concrete answer on the hard top piece because I personally prefer the top out.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks a lot Scott and AJ for all of the help. Looks like I'll be signing up!

Hopefully one of the Lotus Instructors will be my Instructor :D

·
Registered
476 Posts
Any chance that Autox is still has open registration? Any info would be much appreciated! I've got a need to do some driving instead of just going to the JMU Car Show and Bowie is in my backyard compared to JMU... Thanks in advance. Dave
It looks like it is still open: Capital Driving Club

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had to last minute cancel due to a work related trip and didn't get to go :(

Happy to hear it went well!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hyperdrive looks appealing for people that can't do the 2 day event and just want to have some fun. Thanks for posting the info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts