The Lotus Cars Community banner

April 4 track event at Summit Point

2589 Views 44 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  RossL
There is a track event on Summit Point's Shenandoah circuit on Saturday April 4 that some of you may be interested in. The DC region of the SCCA is putting it on - here is the flyer: http://www.wdcr-scca.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=vSMRl7hjDoo=&tabid=96&mid=2748

They call this a PDX (Performance Driving eXperience) but it is a similar format as a High Performance Driving Event/School that other clubs do. The cool thing is that after you get some PDX events under your belt the SCCA then has time trials that you can compete in on the track, what they call "Club Trials" which are actually being held the next day on Sunday April 5th. More details here: Time Trials/PDX

I may be instructing on the 4th, hope to see some other Loti there.
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

· Registered
772 Posts
I've just had a last-second CANCELLATION on a skydiving event I was supposed to be instructing for tomorrow occur. Is it too late for me to now get in? Also - I have my 15year old son with me (Trevor) on weekends. What would be the (potential) logistics for bringing him along?

Hey - even if I don't enter / run.... Maybe I will come on out for the over-the-road drive/seat-time and make a day of it anyway. Is that possible as well, if I decide not to run / actively participate? - Dave... I can maybe meet up with you on Rte 70 somewhere, to caravan our way there too, if you like.

Sorry for being such a Johnny-come-lately, but I just THIS MOMENT got the "no-go" call, on the jumping event, I was prior committed-to otherwise for tomorrow, so I just literally this very moment, became "open"/available!

Someone fill me in on my now, (even if only outside "the event") possiblilities. :wave:

THANKS!
-Grant

· Registered
1,166 Posts
More seat time wanted!!!

This was a great first time PDX event for me! My Instructor was very helpful and patient. I learned a lot about Elise and "my" driving abilities. The Classroom sessions were equally informative and made for safer/faster runs as the day progressed. Like most, I still have much to learn and can't stress enough to those that haven't taken a similar course how important it is to set precedent with proper driving techniques before you start developing bad driving habits. My car handled great as I expected and look forward to learning her limits. I hope to see more Lotus at the next event.

Dave

:shift:

· Registered
476 Posts
I had to last minute cancel due to a work related trip and didn't get to go :(

Happy to hear it went well!

· Registered
85 Posts
This was a great first time PDX event for me! My Instructor was very helpful and patient. I learned a lot about Elise and "my" driving abilities. The Classroom sessions were equally informative and made for safer/faster runs as the day progressed. Like most, I still have much to learn and can't stress enough to those that haven't taken a similar course how important it is to set precedent with proper driving techniques before you start developing bad driving habits. My car handled great as I expected and look forward to learning her limits. I hope to see more Lotus at the next event.

Dave

:shift:
Glad you had fun and your attitude/approach towards getting quicker is great.

There is an upcoming NASA Mid-Atlantic event at Summit Pt Main on the 25th & 26th of April. The main course is also a great learning ground - 2 decent straightaways, 3 fast pucker corners and a tight autocross style section. Track time is about 2 hours for the weekend & many of the same instructors from last weekend will be there. Welcome to NASA Mid Atlantic There are still spots left in HPDE 1, HPDE 2 and Time Trials.

I'll be there instructing and running in TT, hope to see lots of Loti.

· Registered
476 Posts
Hyperdrive looks appealing for people that can't do the 2 day event and just want to have some fun. Thanks for posting the info!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.