The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've just had a last-second CANCELLATION on a skydiving event I was supposed to be instructing for tomorrow occur. Is it too late for me to now get in? Also - I have my 15year old son with me (Trevor) on weekends. What would be the (potential) logistics for bringing him along?

Hey - even if I don't enter / run.... Maybe I will come on out for the over-the-road drive/seat-time and make a day of it anyway. Is that possible as well, if I decide not to run / actively participate? - Dave... I can maybe meet up with you on Rte 70 somewhere, to caravan our way there too, if you like.

Sorry for being such a Johnny-come-lately, but I just THIS MOMENT got the "no-go" call, on the jumping event, I was prior committed-to otherwise for tomorrow, so I just literally this very moment, became "open"/available!

Someone fill me in on my now, (even if only outside "the event") possiblilities. :wave:

THANKS!
-Grant

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
More seat time wanted!!!

This was a great first time PDX event for me! My Instructor was very helpful and patient. I learned a lot about Elise and "my" driving abilities. The Classroom sessions were equally informative and made for safer/faster runs as the day progressed. Like most, I still have much to learn and can't stress enough to those that haven't taken a similar course how important it is to set precedent with proper driving techniques before you start developing bad driving habits. My car handled great as I expected and look forward to learning her limits. I hope to see more Lotus at the next event.

Dave

:shift:

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had to last minute cancel due to a work related trip and didn't get to go :(

Happy to hear it went well!

·
Registered
85 Posts
This was a great first time PDX event for me! My Instructor was very helpful and patient. I learned a lot about Elise and "my" driving abilities. The Classroom sessions were equally informative and made for safer/faster runs as the day progressed. Like most, I still have much to learn and can't stress enough to those that haven't taken a similar course how important it is to set precedent with proper driving techniques before you start developing bad driving habits. My car handled great as I expected and look forward to learning her limits. I hope to see more Lotus at the next event.

Dave

:shift:
Glad you had fun and your attitude/approach towards getting quicker is great.

There is an upcoming NASA Mid-Atlantic event at Summit Pt Main on the 25th & 26th of April. The main course is also a great learning ground - 2 decent straightaways, 3 fast pucker corners and a tight autocross style section. Track time is about 2 hours for the weekend & many of the same instructors from last weekend will be there. Welcome to NASA Mid Atlantic There are still spots left in HPDE 1, HPDE 2 and Time Trials.

I'll be there instructing and running in TT, hope to see lots of Loti.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hyperdrive looks appealing for people that can't do the 2 day event and just want to have some fun. Thanks for posting the info!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.