The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finalized April 5th Plans!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright this will be the final post about plans.. these are the SET plans for the April 5th meet @ gas works.
We are currently looking at 57! cars as it sits at this moment. Im sure this will greatly INCREASE as we get closer.
Please feel free to PM or Email me at [email protected] for additional information

April 5th, 2009

Walkies:
For those of you who have walkie talkies we will be on channel THREE

North End People:
We will be meeting at Alderwood mall around 10, In the Nordstroms parking lot.
Leaving Alderwood mall at 10:30-10:45AM. No later than 10:45AM!
Arrive at Fry's in Renton Around 11-11:15AM, depending on time we leave.

South End People:
South End/Oregon guys will be meeting at the South Center Mall around 10-10:15AM. Leaving at 10:30AM SHARP
Arrive at Fry's @ 11:00AM
If you are NOT caravaning with the south end guys, you need to be at Fry's @ 11AM.

Fry's Electronics:

800 Garden Ave N
Renton, WA 98057
(425) 525-0200

Directions (From North)
Google Maps

Directions (From South)
Google Maps

North & South end crews will meet up at Fry's @ 11ish.
We will be leaving Fry's Electronics in Renton @ 12PM SHARP. Your not there. You find your own way to Gasworks.

Gas Works Park:

3300 Meridian Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103

Directions From Fry's:
Google Maps

We can NOT reserve parking spots at gas works so it is first come first serve basis.

We are going to go ahead and have a BBQ here.
So feel free to bring any BBQ supplies you want.
We will get a supply list together once the date gets a little bit closer and we can verify everybody that is going.

Post Gas Works:
After Gas Works we plan on heading over to a parking garage and getting some good pictures of all the cars together.
Possibly the parking garage east of Qwest Field which is south of Union Station. The parking garage is on the corner of 4th and Airport Ave.
Any input on a better parking garage is welcome!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
There will be a few ricers I am sure but there will also be some supras, celica gt-s' (1.8l VVTL-i engine) skylines, sti's etc.
uh... for me ricer = supras, celica gt-s' (1.8l VVTL-i engine) skylines, sti's

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'll only go if you pay me man.. seriously. Did you post this up on the Ferrari and lambo sites as well =P I know a couple of the Evo owners in this area.. nice cars but they are ricers mentally..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
No, just figured I would let people know.
And we appreciate you letting us know!

Not all of us are snobs here. Most of us are car guys that love all sorts of cars. To be honest though, the above sentiments are not about the cars so much as the expected crowd which tends to remind me all too much of what high school was like.

Thanks for taking the time to come here, register, and invite us to the event. I wouldn't mind checking out the cars sometime.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
x2 what mjf said.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i can sell some of my rice there.....:clap::nanner::D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Most of you who've actually met me know I'm not a snob but my experience with huge multi-car meet that involves the cars and some of the people you mentioned previously, well I know what to expect. 90% chance cops will show up, someone is gonna be an ass and spoil any fun to be had, someone's gonna get into a fight, standing around talking to some kid and listening to him talk trash about your car cause it has a toyota motor in it while he owns like a riced out eclipse? I love cars and I love seeing cars, I just hate/griefers ricers :D Hope it goes well for you..

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thanks for posting this :)

I'll probably stop by, GasWorks is pretty close to where I live.

And I accidently stumbled onto a Nissan meet (and a BIG one) at Golden Gardens last year... I was more than a little worried about rolling in there. But it was a great time, everyone was awesome, there were some really interesting rides there ricer and otherwise.

Basically my experience has been that everyone treats you with the same amount of respect and the same kind of intent that you treat them with. If you look at ricers as being bad/stupid/beneath you, then you should expect the same back. If someone wants to make their car LOOK flashy, and it makes them happy, MORE POWER TO EM! I think creativity and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I like seeing it all :up:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Man I can't wait til it gets warm out again :)

We have multi-brand car meets too, the only requirements are:

1) No asshats
2) Must be NOTFWD (RWD, or AWD) -- else stay out of the way of the NOTFWDs :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Basically my experience has been that everyone treats you with the same amount of respect and the same kind of intent that you treat them with. If you look at ricers as being bad/stupid/beneath you, then you should expect the same back. If someone wants to make their car LOOK flashy, and it makes them happy, MORE POWER TO EM! I think creativity and beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I like seeing it all :up:
My experience is not the same apparently, I had my Evo 8 at the World One grand opening event, a subie guy came over and slapped my CF hood with a rolled up car magazine after talking **** for no reason. Other multi car meets in the area, there was always some ricers driving by.. do a burn out, bump their music, do fly bys and act like asshats around the meeting area thus causing the police to show up eventually. I driven places in the Elise, and for all the nice comments I do get, I get some asshat who just wants to talk ****, about how his cheeper car is so much faster, how your lotus is just an overpriced MR2, etc As I said before, few of the people he posted previously who are going to attend I know and are friggin haters, I left the evo forums cause when I came back to say whats up and mentioned I had a Lotus, I was napalmed. I have $10 the cops will show.
If you want a good group to go out with, the exotics meets and the sixspeeders are good groups for meetups..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts