The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...clearly the owner bought the car as a speculative exercise and is hoping for a quick flip...
Nothing clear about this at all..I have acquired other cars that I prefer more while waiting for the Tesla over 2 1/2 years . Additionally, I am building a Rossion ...Now, back to the sale.Thank you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Condition: Pre-Owned Clear Title
Mileage:91

...recently delivered on 3/5/09 with 51 delivery miles. He shared the driving experience as follows ..“The car is amazing and an absolute thrill to drive….fast and silent. The first time anyone drives a Tesla Roadster, they will be impressed by the incomparable acceleration..No clutch pedal , no track driving techniques required ..0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

The car was an "absolute thrill to drive" for only 40 miles! Who here bought their Elise and was able to get out of it without putting on at least 100 miles, taking the long way home?

"The first time anyone drives a Tesla Roadster" -- is apparently the ONLY time they drove the roadster.

Seems to back up the Top Gear false contentions.

The owner would be better served to rack up about 1000 miles or so to convince us it's a usable car.
FYI..roadster now has 220 miles.Thanks for bringing that error to my attention.
The car does charge to 191 miles in std mode and I know several other owners that have put on more mileage than I and claim 220 miles is real..(range mode)
Now, back to the sale. Thank you.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
This Roadster is SOLD
Curious how much this one went for. One just sold locally for $90k through a non-Tesla dealer. It had about 1,500 miles and was a signature 100 series.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I know someone that has one and they said that only 3 people in Fl have them from what he had been told. He knew of one other person, so I guess this must have been the third one.

He ordered it about 2 years ago and paid about 100K for it and got it about a month ago. The factory delivered it to his house, but he is still waiting for the quick charge cable, since they were having trouble supplying them, so it takes 72 hours to charge it on the standard 120 volt system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts