The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have question and i think you guys will know. Are ardent red and chili red the same color on lotus cars?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
far and far different...ardent is a non-mettalic red. Chili has a gold flake metallic tint.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
looks fairly ardent to me, but i've got bordeaux red pearl, which may be skewing my pallette.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks ardent to me, but it may have a bit of orange in it. Hard to tell in the pics. I bought it today and will have it by wednesday. I can always get it painted. It would be nice if it is ardent red. Thanks for your input.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i think you are gonna be happy. Looks ardent, not chili..

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Ardent is pretty solid red, no metallic flakes.

Chili red is gorgeous, with a very brilliant color from the gold flakes and you will not mistake it for Ardent. I think they only offered it for 2007, no?
Chili red was offered in 2006 too. Lifestyle paint option.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just received the top today. It is in perfect shape and the color matches my car perfectly. Every part was there and then some like a tow hook, and the wheel lug key. The thing looks brand new. Freeking awesome deal. :nanner:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is Chilli a pearl?

·
Got Parts?
359 Posts
Here is a great picture of Chili Red after a fresh wash.

Attachments

·
Got Parts?
359 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I'm still pretty new here and hadn't seen this color before. I agree it looks sweet. Almost like having two colors in one car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts