The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no dealership even remotely close to where I live, so is there anything I can do to get an ecu dump? Can a toyota dealership do it?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
There is no dealership even remotely close to where I live, so is there anything I can do to get an ecu dump? Can a toyota dealership do it?
Anyone can do it - if they have the Lotus Scan Tool. Since it cost several thousand dollars, and is specific to Lotus, probably only a Lotus dealer is going to have the scan tool.

Bottom line, you will have to take it to a dealer.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:mad: aaaaahhhh! that sucks. I'll PM TVACC... maybe he knows someone local.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know where to buy a lotus scan tool and how much they are??? I'm trying to get all the LOONY's to chip in to buy one but I have no idea where to get it from. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Anyone know where to buy a lotus scan tool and how much they are??? I'm trying to get all the LOONY's to chip in to buy one but I have no idea where to get it from. Thanks in advance!
Here you go, but you will have to call them for a price: Lotus Garage - Diagnostic Equipment

Oh yeah, and you might want to be sitting down when they give you the quote.........I just looked up the price on one of the test leads and it was over $700!!!

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Woo hooo. We have a local owner with one! The previous owner included it with that sale of the car. I mean this thing came with EVERYTHING! (and CF parts and an Alpine stereo still in the boxes!) Couple sets of wheels and tires, datalogger, etc etc etc- and only had 2K miles on it!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Anyone know where to buy a lotus scan tool and how much they are???
You can probably order one through Lotus (I suspect that they are required to sell it if you want one). However, $3,000 - $5,000 comes to mind as the price. I don't remember where that price comes from however, probably a few years back on the various Lotus mailing lists. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, so I heard back from the guy at Lotus Garage and he gave me the price for the Lotus Scan III kit. Are you ready for this??

$7,176.24!!! :eek:

Wow. I guess I'll only get two.

·
Registered
91 Posts
But who make it.

Like I said who makes it? Most companys have a scanner that works on many different cars and just needs proper software and cables to work on different makes.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Ok, so I heard back from the guy at Lotus Garage and he gave me the price for the Lotus Scan III kit. Are you ready for this??

$7,176.24!!! :eek:

Wow. I guess I'll only get two.
That was 2008, it probably went up by 20% I've notice that Lotus parts cost more than the car -eek- :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts