The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone could confirm that the Demo cars and in the US, and that they are all built. Maybe I missed a post that was made recently about this, but I don't think the issue has been settled. I am aware that there was the delay with the LSS and then the painting situation. Does that mean that the cars without the LSS are here? If so, I am assuming that all demo cars will get the "special 3m protection" and I would assume that all of the demo cars would be in one place at one time for that.

Sorry if this has been covered, I just want to hear a car with and without the Stage 1 exhaust so that I can make my decision about buying it.

Also, I haven't heard of anyone mentioning any replacement parts being shipped with the cars. I would assume that the cars will have a few bugs in them and might need a part of two replaced. Does anyone know anything about the logistics regarding replacement parts? Will some arrive with the first cars. or will they wait to order them as they need them? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
There are rummors that they are in the US but they are on hold for sending them to the dealers at once on July 15th.

Again, this comes from the Grapevine.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I have not heard anything about replacement parts.

Demo cars are being collected. :) Most of them are here and the delay was to allow some others (cough*westcoast*cough*) to catch up (first week of July).

Cars will be released to the dealers on July 12. Expect 1-3 days for transport. Official release then will be on July 15. I think.

I am not sure what you mean by painting situation. There was some posts that refer to batch painting happening which affected some orders in terms of shuffling a little bit. Not a lot. Well other than all Chrome Orange cars being delayed... (just kidding). In the end, the movement of cars because of color is going to be pretty minor.

LSS is a bigger problem because of rim availability. The LSS cars are delayed (I assume other than dealer demos) until July builds. I do not know how quick they will ramp up deliveries of the sport rims in order to have LSS cars catch up to the non-LSS cars, which I assume they would want to do. If they first ship out 8 non-LSS cars and have 4 backordered, then I would think they would do those 4 before they do another non-LSS car. But the rim supplier has to have the capacity.

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Cars will be released to the dealers on July 12. Expect 1-3 days for transport. Official release then will be on July 15. I think.
are you sure, Randy? My friend, Baghdad Bob, has been hinting otherwise. lol.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Local parts department has replacement clam shells. Said they where very light. At the time a bunch of other stuff he hadn't unpacked yet. So most likely a decent supply is here or will be shortly.

·
Registered
340 Posts
shay2nak said:
My friend, Baghdad Bob, has been hinting otherwise. lol. [/B]
There are no Elise's in America. There are no Elise's on the water. There are no Elise's in the UK. The Dodge Straus will prevail as the best handling sports car in America, God be praised.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
cranium said:
The Nissan Stanza will prevail as the best handling sports car in America, God be praised.
*fixed*

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Donovan said:
I thought it was a Sentra? :D
lol

Sorry, they all look alike.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I've decided that the Elise styling is too boring and uninspiring. I'm going for a Honda Element instead.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
jml1952 said:
I've decided that the Elise styling is too boring and uninspiring. I'm going for a Honda Element instead.
:) I am seriously considering an Element as another car to have. They share some stuff in common really. Both designed around function. Both with a lot of plastic in the body. Both cutting edge in terms of styling (not just following the leaders).

The Element is designed to do exactly what the Elise does not. Haul crap. Seat more people. Plus with a perky engine, four wheel drive, and an interior you can almost hose down... it's pretty utilitarian.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
you left off ugly :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I'll have you people know, the sentra is without a doubt the greatest engineering achievement of our time! I expected it to seen be in a place of honor at the petersen museum.
:bow:
Chris

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hmmm. Now that Volvo has shed its "boxy but good" image, SOMEONE had to take over that niche. But is the element "good"? It sure is ugly, and not in a cute way like a VW Bug...:huh:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
JeffersonRaley said:
Scion Xb is much more interesting to me. No matte plastic and really nice proportions. Plus it gets similar performance to the Element with a much smaller motor, all because of (relatively) light weight. It is the Lotus of box vans!
Fantasy project... Fit an Xb body over an Elise chassis & drivetrain... :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts