The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my gauges read off so I did the reset but now my very dim, can barely see them even at night. It does not matter much since the car is put away for the winter but I do need to fix it. So did something short out/break?

Premium Member
A small buttonin front of the key ignition switch adjust the brightness. Press and hold the button and release at desired brightness. More information at page 56 of owner's manual.

Registered
It doesn't work on my 2013 Elise, although the manual says so. Not sure if it is a fault or not, will have the dealer check on it when I have my first service.

shay2nak
this is news to me. I thought it was that bright and that was it. rotfl never had a reason to adjust it.

Ticket Magnet
A small buttonin front of the key ignition switch adjust the brightness. Press and hold the button and release at desired brightness. More information at page 56 of owner's manual.
Great! Things I never realized I could adjust! It was on page 58 of my 2005 manual.

Less than one second and the trip odometer is reset; longer than one second and the gauge brightness is adjusted.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So that one button has a couple of functions then? Because I know that if I push it for a second it resets the trip odometer. I had figured that was the only function that it did. Cool to know, thanks a lot guys.

BTW, we got snow today.......

Nein Kinder
So that one button has a couple of functions then? Because I know that if I push it for a second it resets the trip odometer. I had figured that was the only function that it did. Cool to know, thanks a lot guys.
For a U. S. spec 2011 Elise, tap the button on the steering column repeatedly to cycle through odometer (miles), trip odometer (miles) and kph (current speed).

To set the dimness/brightness of the instrument cluster, select the odometer, then press and hold the button to cycle through all levels of illumination. Release the button when you get to the desired illumination. If you miss the setting you want, keep holding the button - it'll come around again. Note that the LED display illumination level is unaffected by this procedure. You'll probably have to play with this in at least low lighting - I can't tell the difference until it's dark outside.

Also see this post for info on how to use the button to set the clock.

Glen

Registered
It doesn't work on my 2013 Elise, although the manual says so. Not sure if it is a fault or not, will have the dealer check on it when I have my first service.
On my 2009 Elise I had thought the procedure didn't work. At some point much after buying the car, I found out that the procedure does work.

I think you might need the headlights to be on. Try that.

Registered

BTW, we got snow today.......
I know, so did we :(

I don't think it's so much snow that they put **** on the roads... AKA I can still drive the Exige? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts