The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only sat in the car once, and also with a helmet on...at the passenger seat.

I hear complaints about people being uncomfortable in the exige seats.

are they?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Joking right? These have to be the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in...period, bar none. They have very little padding, and they look uncomfortable...but they cradle you perfectly. I drove straight from Las Vegas to San Francisco with tiny breaks for a drink and I wasn't even sore when I arrived.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I only sat in the car once, and also with a helmet on...at the passenger seat.

I hear complaints about people being uncomfortable in the exige seats.

are they?

The people who complained about the seats, have they ever sat in them? To me they fit like a glove, I've driven several times more than 400miles with just a gas stop in between without any problems. Of course, it highly depends on the weight and size but everything below an BMI of 30 should fit ;)
I've just seen a lets say something in between not skinny and corpulent guy sitting in the new Carrera seats. After some driving he got a large bruise at his hip because of the seat belt fastener on the right site which squeezes between the seat and the hip.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My thoughts exactly. This car is like a glove, a bitch to get in but, once in, as form-fitting as can be. :up:

My only compliant with the seats are that they are a bit rickety. Can't hear it over my exhaust, but getting in/out produces more squeaks than I care for

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
My thoughts exactly. This car is like a glove, a bitch to get in but, once in, as form-fitting as can be. :up:

My only compliant with the seats are that they are a bit rickety. Can't hear it over my exhaust, but getting in/out produces more squeaks than I care for
Go at them with a ball ended allen wrench, all 4 corners. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
very comfortable, even after driving all day. I never got the feeling of being cramped or clautrophobic or legs/hips getting numb.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Seat is great. After long, spirited drives, the heel of my right foot gets sore from pivoting on it while modulating the gas and brakes, but that's it.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
When people ask about the Elise seating my Tundra is often nearby. "Better leg room, more comfortable than the Tundra".

·
Registered
50 Posts
seat is great. I often drive 3 hours to the track, track all day and drive back on the same day without any problem. My only problem is that the outside of my right knee gets sore from hitting the gear box. Anyone with the same problem?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am 5'10" - 150 lbs and wish the seats were more snug. The bolsters are too far apart and after an hour in the car, my back is dying for more lumbar support.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I've taken several long distance trips, spending as much as 12 hours/day on the road. The seats are very comfortable in the Elise. As with any long distance drive, it's still good to get out and stretch every couple of hours.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The 06-08 ProBax seats are great. Plenty of support and padding. By contrast, the 05 Elise seats are torture. In fact, I am about to have my stuffed with some extra padding at a professional upholstery place. My back just starts killing me after an hour or so. And the butt don't feel so good either!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
:thwack:

Ooops - Sorry!
I though you asked if the seats were touring.

·
Registered
269 Posts
at first it took a minute to adjust , but its all good babyy.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
The 06-08 ProBax seats are great. Plenty of support and padding. By contrast, the 05 Elise seats are torture. In fact, I am about to have my stuffed with some extra padding at a professional upholstery place. My back just starts killing me after an hour or so. And the butt don't feel so good either!

05's are fine for me. Have driven an 05 from Baltimore to Buffalo and back (overnight) twice, absolutely no discomfort during the drives, nor when getting out after several hours in the seat.

I do like the seats I had in my 06 Exige better, but the 05's are very comfortable to me.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Only one issue for me in regards to comfort of the Elise seats -

snug has its trade-offs. Slacks, cargo pants, anything with a pocket that rests on the side of your leg will make carrying your wallet/phone/whatever there very uncomfortable. I view this as an acceptable trade for the functionality of the seat. As a result though, I occasionally forget my normally pocketed belongings when I leave the car :p

There are a couple of non comfort oddities I've noticed though -

impossible to get a hand under the seat. Loose change rattles around down here probably until the day I have occasion to slam on the brakes.

slouching - although it's more a function of how low the roof line is. Does anyone find themselves subconsciously hunching down to peer under the A pillar?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Oh I dunno, perhaps I am in the minority.

I've done a fair amount of long drives (11+ hours to Vegas, etc.) and for me (6'2", 185 lbs, 32" inseam, so... long-ish torso, and 34" waist) driving around on the street for ~two hours and they are comfortable enough. More than that though and I start to get some numbness in my low to mid-back (kidney area). I've been contemplating Sparco kidney pads to see how that helps. The inflatable lumbar doesn't seem to do anything either way (inflated or defalted) for me from a comfort standpoint (I think the lumbar "support" is in the wrong spot for me).

Driving on the track w/ a helmet: My helmet hits the ceiling of the hardtop, so I need to slouch (long torso, remember), which kinda sucks (I'm test fitting downlow rails real time and I think I am going with modified versions that split the difference between overall lowering and front tilt... stay tuned. I do LOVE the downlow rail's headroom, but I am less than thrilled by the angle on the front of the seat. The best solution would be a seat with a larger / more obtuse angle, kinda like a formula car seat, in conjuction with the DL rail.). More to the point however is that, IMO, the side bolstering kinda sucks. By that I mean given what kinda cornering forces this car can generate my outer thighs can take a beating by the middle of a track day (depending on the type of turns on the particular course). I'm runnin' Scroth Profi II ASMs, w/ harness slots cut into the seatback.

My next mod is Reverie Cs w/ Schroth Hybrid II six-point belts, so the combination of wanting more safety, more comfort (I'm planning to use KemmlerAir2GelFoam if I need to fab some padding) and a place to spend even more money (carbon is cool) is pointing me there. I wish there was a less expensive solution, but whaddaya gonna do... Carbon Happens.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts