The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any/many. Preferably looking for the S260.

If you stumble across any listings, please help me out!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Actually - despite what I said in the other post about Sport 260's seats - the car at Star Motors is a bit of an anomolie.

One thing about the Sport 260's is they were directly affected by supply of parts while in production. A Sport 260 took a bit longer than a standard Exige to produce due to the carbon fiber parts and painting process. There were many instances when Sport 260's were held up (depending on order variables) and manufactured/completed in a non sequential way.

The car at Star Motors is an interesting example of what happens when the supply of seats ran out. That Sport 260 actually was made and delivered with reuphostered standard Exige seats. It does not have the carbon fiber, FIA/HANS compatible seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
We have a black Exige S260 for sale at Fox Valley Motorcars in Chicago. I drove it home this week just to make sure everything is in order. My yellow Elise is not for sale. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
We have a black Exige S260 for sale at Fox Valley Motorcars in Chicago. I drove it home this week just to make sure everything is in order. My yellow Elise is not for sale. ;)
Need any help making sure any other cars are in order? :)

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Those of us who drive these cars regularly are good at spotting anything out of order. However, at the moment all positions are filled for "anything out of order spotters", but keep in touch. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any other listings that have popped up lately?

I haven't seen any new ones, and I'm not too keen on the ones that are available at the moment.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Any other listings that have popped up lately?

I haven't seen any new ones, and I'm not too keen on the ones that are available at the moment.
Given the extremely small numbers, EXTREMELY small numbers, flexibility on your part will get you in a car sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, I know this thread is getting pretty old.

I am still looking for a 2010 S260, so please keep messaging me/posting here if you find any.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts

I am still looking for a 2010 S260, so please keep messaging me/posting here if you find any.
You should google "Comprehensive Exige 260 Registry" if you haven't already. Most owners are there and occasionally cars for sale.

·
Registered
736 Posts

Where do you live?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have an ardent red 2010 sport s260 in perfect condition and will sell it for 68k. It has 2786 miles all records and never tracked. Pm me if interested. I haven't listed anywhere yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts