The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aubergine Purple is my favorite color on an elise, even though its insanely rare...
Any places that would tell me how many were made?

·
V EQLS IR
331 Posts
you can get a certificate from lotus that tells you how many were made in your color, your trim, etc for ~$75USD - see this thread
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/things-about-my-car-cert-provenance-120072/

or if you're lucky enough, you can find someone with purple that already got a certificate and figure it out that way.

otherwise look around, you can sometimes piece together some of the info by reading various threads with other people asking the same question as you - i'm surprised we dont have a sticky where we compile all of the OFFICIAL (e.g. certificates or the like only) information in one place!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
the purple is sweet.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!!

I saw a thread right after I posted this hating on AP.... I.... I cried a little :(

Haha no but I love that color! I hope I can get one in it in the future

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can get a certificate from lotus that tells you how many were made in your color, your trim, etc for ~$75USD - see this thread
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/things-about-my-car-cert-provenance-120072/

or if you're lucky enough, you can find someone with purple that already got a certificate and figure it out that way.

otherwise look around, you can sometimes piece together some of the info by reading various threads with other people asking the same question as you - i'm surprised we dont have a sticky where we compile all of the OFFICIAL (e.g. certificates or the like only) information in one place!
Oh wow I had no idea, thanks for the info!

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I read, on this site, a breakdown of color production in 2005. I have rarely succeeded in using the search function on this site, but it is somewhere under possibly the "New Car ..." tab. There may have been other years, because I remember reading of Exige colors as well. AP was my first choice in 2004 and I remember reading that only about 1.5% were this color in 2005. That would be less than 40 out about 2400 2005 Elises. (this is from memory, so ...) I had a NFB and that was about as rare at 1.5 to 2.5 percent or about 80 cars in 2005. The information is somewhere, but how to find it is beyond my logical capabilities. :shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts