1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*Portion of seat backs and cushions that
cradle our back and tush.
*Center door inserts.
*Steering wheel tri-pod and outer wheel.
*Gear shift cover.

* I assume the seat backs, dashboard sections, sections surrounding the
(leather) door inserts, center armrest areas near the windows, and visors are
the complete vinyl sections.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Ridge.. I don't know for sure but I think the steering wheel has no leather. The tripod for sure looks like molded plastic, and the there are a couple sections which look like faux leather, but appear to be plastic.

I think the entire seat where you touch is leather. The back is not. That is not just the inserts, but the sides of the seat and back. In fact, I am getting some wear on the seat side now where I slide in and that worn area looks like real leather. I believe I was also told by Nick Adams that both touring and non-touring used leather on the seats... just the inserts were cloth on the non-touring.

Agreed about the door inserts and the gearshift cover.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember reading that accidently applying a leather conditioner and cleaner to vinyl won't hurt it, but that if
you use a vinyl cleaner and/or conditioner
on leather the results will be disastrous.
Bottom line: If you're not sure, with regard to something being leather or vinyl, treat it as if it were leather. P.S.-
I have heard great reports from people
who use that Plexus product and will
use it......but only on true plastic.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Randy Chase said:
Ridge.. I don't know for sure but I think the steering wheel has no leather. The tripod for sure looks like molded plastic, and the there are a couple sections which look like faux leather, but appear to be plastic.

I think the entire seat where you touch is leather. The back is not. That is not just the inserts, but the sides of the seat and back. In fact, I am getting some wear on the seat side now where I slide in and that worn area looks like real leather. I believe I was also told by Nick Adams that both touring and non-touring used leather on the seats... just the inserts were cloth on the non-touring.

Agreed about the door inserts and the gearshift cover.
Just now realized their are side-bolster-strips
to the left and right of the leather cushion and backrest areas. Can't tell
if they are vinyl or leather/

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
on the touring pack cars, are the whole door panels leather? The inserts are obviously the perforated leather, but the surrounding panel seems to be leather too (it is stitched at the seam near the door pull)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Atyclb,

The whole door panel appears to be leather on Touring cars. The center insert is the perferated type, but the rest also appears to be leather. Nicely stitched too.

-Dave
'05 Lotus Elise (BRP, Touring, Hardtop)
'00 Porsche 996C2 aero
'03 Evolution VIII
'89 BMW M3 (for sale)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts