The Lotus Cars Community banner

Are you a dreamer, a realist, or a malcontent?

• Dreamer

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Optimistic Realist

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Pessimistic Realist

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Malcontent

Votes: 7 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we are in the middle of political debate season, I find that I tend to categorize people into these three camps: dreamers, realists, and malcontents. Which category do you fit into?

Dreamers: Always thinking about the way they wish things were in their ideal world.

Realists: Not necessarily happy or unhappy with the way things are, but they realize there is only such much one can do or expect.

Malcontents: Unhappy with the way things are and are more likely to complain than actually do anything about it.

I don't actually expect many of you to admit here or to yourselves that you are either a dreamer or a malcontent, but perhaps it is worth consideration.

I'm an optimistic realist leaning toward dreamer. :)

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Based on your definition...a dreamer.

"Always thinking about the way they wish things were in their ideal world."

But alot of people think differently! rotfl

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Todd, are you a regular on Lotustalk just to further your political analyst career?:shrug:

Optimistic realist, because I believe if we are resposible for global warming, we'll find a way out, just in time, right Larry.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I'd like to say I'm a dreamer...it sounds so...I don't know...dreamy...but, hey, I own a house and car, so I must be somewhat grounded in reality...or is it just that I'm married to a woman who deals with all that for me and I believe everything will work out for the better the more I leave myself out of the everyday equation. Yep, that's it. Which puts me squarely in the Optimistic Realist category. Or the Charming Doofus category. Thank God I can still lift heavy objects for her. Failing that, I'm toast...

Tom

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Based on your definition...a dreamer.

"Always thinking about the way they wish things were in their ideal world."
But, Larry, "Dreamer" still shows "0" in the poll. Did you forget to vote? Are you sleep-walking (or would that be sleep-posting)?

Tom

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
But, Larry, "Dreamer" still shows "0" in the poll. Did you forget to vote? Are you sleep-walking (or would that be sleep-posting)?

Tom
I voted for "Realist" which I am.

But by Todd's definition I guess I'm a (happy) dreamer.

Or maybe a Charming Doofus like Tom.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts