The Lotus Cars Community banner

Are you bullish or bearish on the US Stock Market?

• I'm a bull, this market is going to defy gravity and go straight up!

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • I'm a bear, what goes up, must come down

Votes: 39 60.9%

• Total voters
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I think it is going to be a while before things get better, and if things with Iran get out of control, the price of oil, and the market, can get worse quickly...I am shifting some of my MF to cash for the next few months....

What do you guys think of the alternative energy stocks? I have done well with FSLR....and what about this Pickens Plan that he has been pushing all over TV?
PickensPlan: The Plan

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDua06jrghQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wDua06jrghQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
992 Posts
I think it is going to be a while before things get better, and if things with Iran get out of control, the price of oil, and the market, can get worse quickly...I am shifting some of my MF to cash for the next few months....

What do you guys think of the alternative energy stocks? I have done well with FSLR....and what about this Pickens Plan that he has been pushing all over TV?

sorry, but i dont understand... what does boone pickens' plan have to do with future equity prices?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I asked about alternative energy stocks...his plan may or may not have an effect on that(whether legitimately or by affecting speculators).

·
Registered
992 Posts
most of this sector's stocks (jaso fslr eslr) don't look higher here in the near term. Don't meet my long screen.

Longer long term, its a pure guess anyway so we might as well as the dog. of course i purely use TA...i'll leave FA to the "smart money" crowd. ;-)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Since i'm a huge fan of Ethanol, i decided to look into the ethanol producers in the US and they've been given an absolute pounding due to the recent floodings in the mid-west. So, i decided to do some bottom fishing on AVR and VSE recently and looks like a bottom might be found as both have been having pretty big intraday upswings recently...
:coolnana:

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- UBS on Friday upgraded the beaten-down ethanol sector to a buy, saying margins are improving in the business of turning corn into ethanol for cars.
http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Story/Story.aspx?guid={BBE98CE7-2C7B-4B85-90C9-7452A2765C64}&siteid=yhoof2

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I had my 401k primarily in equities, but I took a major hit the first two quaters of '08- I got cold feet and moved most of my retirement fund into guaranteed interest, just until things stabilize a bit-

Hey look, I understand the whole buying stock while it's cheap bit, but I was beginning to woory about not having anything left to invest- :shrug:

I've been to Vegas twice (on business), and I've never gambled a dime- I'm just that type of person-

41 - 46 of 46 Posts