The Lotus Cars Community banner

So are you buying an Emira?

• Yes, sight and specs unseen I'm 100% in!

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I'm gona wait it out till July, but most likely

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • No thanks, I'm going to stay old school

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • I plan on selling my Elige for an Emira, if I love it.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I plan on selling my Evora for an Emira, if I love it.

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • I need to refinance the house or sell a kidney first

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • The Emira will be my first Lotus!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big maybe but I'm happy with my current Lotus

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • Buy the Emira and keep my current Lotus

Votes: 6 6.5%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's have some fun here. I'm really interested to see the results.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How can anyone say they love it already? There's almost no information about it yet.
"IF I love it" hypothetically speaking. For example, if the package meets your expectations as far as looks and performance would you make the jump?

Reactions: goelise

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
499 Posts
Yeah lets do it! I plan on buying it 100% unless it looks hideous or just to plain. It must have that exotic, rare look to it. Im not to concerned with the engine specs as I fully believe that will be a non issue since from what ive heard, the motors will all be 300+ HP. When I want to go old school ill just hop into the Elise.

Reactions: JMack77 and Crazy05

·
Registered
246 Posts
I’m in the “wait to see it, but probably” camp…

I like Lotus, but don’t LOVE Lotus - am enjoying my Evora 17/400 but there’s room for improvement on the platform and that’s what I’m hoping/expecting to see as I expect to sell my Evora in about a year.

Expectations are high for the Emira, but backup plan is a McLaren.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
No school like the old school! I'm good here.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
8 Posts
I love my 2005 Elise, I like the cable throttle and the fact it’s Toyota powered here on Hawaii there’s no Lotus dealer but there are Toyota folk, So no I will not be getting a new one.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I’m in the “wait to see it, but probably” camp…

I like Lotus, but don’t LOVE Lotus - am enjoying my Evora 17/400 but there’s room for improvement on the platform and that’s what I’m hoping/expecting to see as I expect to sell my Evora in about a year.

Expectations are high for the Emira, but backup plan is a McLaren.

Kevin
I'm in the same boat as Kevin. Had and Exige and now Evora. Loved them both, but room for improvement. I've been tempted by the P-car and I'm interested to see what a modern platform could look like for Lotus.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'm saving up for the first affordable all electric lotus. I'll keep my Elise until then. I'm sure the Emira will be a great car with good looks. But no more ICE for me. EV power trains are just so much more reliable.

Reactions: Crazy05

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I would really like a Toyota powered Emira as a replacement for my 335i, but I have a few concerns.

- Price for the Toyota powered version sounds like it will be six figures, which is more than I want to spend.

- I worry about the long term supply chain issues for the brand, as they historically abandon older models. The Elise is simple enough that the aftermarket will take care of most needs, but this may not be the case for the Evora or Emira.

- Lotus dealers trying to maintain a Mercedes drivetrain will be like a monkey playing with a football.

- The introduction by the Chinese head of Lotus during the name reveal was sobering. I realize that China builds many products that we buy these days, but I'm not sure I want to support a brand owned by a government that is starting to show their true colors in the Pacific.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is there even definitive proof of Mercedes 4-pots, Toyota V6's, weight gains, etc. etc. or is it just all assumptions?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Weird situation for me. I could afford one, am interested in what one will be like... but no place to put one unless I get rid of another car!

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
208 Posts
Just got my Evora GT late last year. I'm kind of a buy and hold guy. So no, not very likely getting an Emira. But, hope it sells well in US so dealer network strengthens.

·
Loves to talk
1,286 Posts
There's no option listed for buy an Emira and keep the Evora. That's not out of the question for me but the two would need to perform different functions and not be variations on the same theme. So I won't be preordering one but I am nonetheless very interested. I decided to hold off on getting a GT for a number of reasons principle obviously being that I don't see enough difference between the 400 and the GT to sell a perfectly happy 400 for that modest gain, but the Emira? I need more information before I can decide. If they are different enough I could be persuaded to have room in my world for both. Even if they are very similar but the new car is substantively better, I'm probably in. Does seem a bit unlikely they will be terribly different given what we know of the Emira's brief, but it will be fun to find out how much new is actually delivered. If it's enough of a delta, I'll be in a following wave of buyers.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There's no option listed for buy an Emira and keep the Evora. That's not out of the question for me but the two would need to perform different functions and not be variations on the same theme. So I won't be preordering one but I am nonetheless very interested. I decided to hold off on getting a GT for a number of reasons principle obviously being that I don't see enough difference between the 400 and the GT to sell a perfectly happy 400 for that modest gain, but the Emira? I need more information before I can decide. If they are different enough I could be persuaded to have room in my world for both. Even if they are very similar but the new car is substantively better, I'm probably in. Does seem a bit unlikely they will be terribly different given what we know of the Emira's brief, but it will be fun to find out how much new is actually delivered. If it's enough of a delta, I'll be in a following wave of buyers.
Fixed, option now available 😉

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like the force is strong with the Emira!

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
"IF I love it" hypothetically speaking. For example, if the package meets your expectations as far as looks and performance would you make the jump?
No, I’m quite sure for the same money (since we’re totally speculating) that I’d much rather have a C8 ZR1 Corvette.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Almost 2/3s not very interested, and another 10% possibly not financially ready. Perhaps Lotus needs to let out a few more details. Although, as has already been said, this audience is really not Geely's target.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts