The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 2005 Elise rebuilt. Good news: No dmg to chassis. Bad news: engine is being replaced (not due to accident but an oil leak). So, the "new" engine (be it in good shape) has 61,000 miles on it but the car w/ original engine has 31,000. So it's like a rebuilt on a rebuilt now. The rest of the car has touring pkg and is in very good shape. It's a real mixed bag, eh? The dealership has an exceptionally respectable history with rebuilt titles. So what price value say you? No pics, I know, but just needing a ball park fig OR should I go fight on The Great Northern Wall instead???:shrug:
Game of Thrones

·
Registered
201 Posts
So I'm guessing the oil leak came from the oil coolers? If so, that's one head ache pre-fixed before you buy.

I just have one question, how much do you want to spend on an Elise? I think it's hard for us to really price something like this because most of us are from the stand point that saving a few bucks on the entry price is a bad starting point. If you look back at the salvage title "how much is this worth" posts... you're going to see a lot of "save your money until you can buy a clean 2005". I'm also of this opinion, so take my assessment with a grain of sand.

For a clean car with 61k miles I'd probably look into paying low 20s

For a salvage car drop a few thousand

For a car like this, I'd probably be willing to pay 15k (and they are probably asking 25k right?)

You're probably thinking of going to the wall, but don't! It's cold up there and theres these creepy dead guys

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
are you buying this because it's the price you like? And you don't want/ can't spend $30K on a clean 2005?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can really only do low 20's so it's a waiting game. I knew this should be even lower just wanted some guesswork feedback on pricing. No price on it yet. I'm probably going to wait for a less "rebuilt" rebuild. Too many variables in this one though the damn things are sooo sexy. Kind of like the Mother of Dragons; Sexy and demanding but she's got dragons to raise and the known world to conquer. Serious baggage!
Sorry did not see How Much Should I Pay thread. New to forums.
Thx for feedback regardless!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts