The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - due to the crappy weather, I am contiplating doing some car stereo work. However, since Tweeter went belly-up I do not know where to take my vehicles for stereo work. I do not trust Best Buy and have heard too many horror stories. I may not upgrade the Lotus stereo, but if any of you trust a place with your Lotus, then my other vehicles would be safe there as well.
Any sugguestions?

Thanks
-Will

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi all - due to the crappy weather, I am contiplating doing some car stereo work. However, since Tweeter went belly-up I do not know where to take my vehicles for stereo work. I do not trust Best Buy and have heard too many horror stories. I may not upgrade the Lotus stereo, but if any of you trust a place with your Lotus, then my other vehicles would be safe there as well.
Any sugguestions?

Thanks
-Will
You can do it yourself, depending on what stereo your car already has and what you plan to replace it with, I may be able to give you some insight on what it takes. We just replaced my stock Alpine with IPod connector with an Alpine 305 IPod stereo. Getting the old one out is super easy. We got the new one in, but still need to thread the IPod cable, but it is looking like we have to remove the dash first.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yea.. swap it out yourself.. took me 30min to swap out the head unit.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I just replaced the speakers, the head unit isn't that bad(I will be adding an amp in the future).
Someone on here(forget the name ) has speaker rings for sale that let you put 5.5" speakers in the dash with minor mods(a little cutting or grinding)
Search is your friend,there have been endless discussions about stereos, subs, speakers etc.
Good luck with your stereo.:up:
Greg

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
jim-clayton Has the speaker rings for 5.25 in-dash. I have them and highly recommend them. Easy to install with a little patients and the right tools.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts