The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So sometime within the past year I bought the KD-NX5000 from BMCD in San Francisco. I haven't had a chance to install it until now because I wanted it done a specific way. My tech was all ready to go and that was the one missing piece. I emailed the parts department at BMCD to make them aware of this. I really hope they make good on this as I hear that I cannot get that harness independent of the stereo. Can anyone confirm this? Just in case I don't hear back from them, which is very likely, does anyone have a spare or know where I can find one?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Call JVC and tell them it's missing from the box and ask if they can please send you one.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The dealer installed the JVC KD-NX5000 as a "free upgrade" when I bought my Elise. Its nothing but trouble. The satellite radio keeps crapping out and you can't just push the reset button to get it back. Custom Car Stereo here in Houston, who installed my satellite radio, has to take the unit out, disconnect and reconnect it, and reinstall it. They told me that this is a chronic problem with JVC and were surprised that Lotus considered it an "upgrade" from the original Alpine unit. I guess its because it has the navigation system. I'd recommend selling the JVC and stick with Alpine or some other system.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been using this year's model in another car I drive a lot and I'm actually quite satisfied with it. I had the option of having the dealer install, but passed for a couple reason. One that is not their are of expertise and two I wanted it wired a specific way. I know I really need a complete new audio set up in the car, but I just bought new seats. I can't do it all at once.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
which harness are you missing.. the 5000 has three: one is the main power harness, another has 6 RCA's (front/rear/sub) and the third has video RCA's, 2 wires and a 3.5mm jack. if your missing the power harness they are very easy to get as they are common across the JVC DVD line.. you can get one direct from JVC for about $20.. stereo shops ususaly have extras as well...

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm missing Part # QAM0949-001. Retail price is $77.73. Dealer says it should have been in the box. That's a bummer to have to spend more $$$ on a missing piece. :(

Anyone have this piece or know where I can get a deal?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the installation/connection manual and, yes, it should have been supplied. Have you contacted JVC and explained the situation to them to see if they will make good and send you one?

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because all of you were so concerned :p

I have excellent news. The missing harness was found.:nanner: The dealer still had it because initially they were going to do the install for me, but I needed my car for what not. I can't believe they didn't throw it away. Anyway, they are shipping to me tomorrow. So hopefully next week I'll have a new head unit and seats in the car. Woohoo!:sheep:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts