The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any Arizona Evora owners on the board been in touch with Brighton Motorsports lately? I’m trying to get my car in for repair of pack rat damage. I tried contacting them back in January the week before I flew away to Dubai for 4 months but they didn’t respond to phone messages or emails. Tried calling last week and left another message. Just went to the Lotus USA website which still has them listed as an authorized service center, but when I clicked on their website link it led to an error page. I’m starting to wonder if they went out of business. I hope I don’t have to drive to Las Vegas or Los Angeles to get the repair work done. :huh:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they aren’t a dealer but they were an official Lotus service center. They did warranty work on my car after I purchased it last year. They also were open and evaluated the pack rat damage to my car just after the new year. Then two weeks later they stopped responding to my calls and emails.

·
Registered
2005 Elise
204 Posts
Their Twitter account is gone as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@;
Their Twitter account is gone as well.

That’s ominous. So much for the Geely improvement of the dealer network. So no Lotus certified service in Arizona. :facepalm

·
Registered
2005 Elise
204 Posts
Lotus needs models to sell before the dealerships come back. Is your Evora still under warranty?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lotus needs models to sell before the dealerships come back. Is your Evora still under warranty?

Yeah, it’s less than a year into the warranty.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take her to Vault Motorsports. Corey was the Lotus tech when they were here in AZ. He has diagnosed and solved issues for me that Brighton couldn't in the past. Knows the Evora inside and out.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Take her to Vault Motorsports. Corey was the Lotus tech when they were here in AZ. He has diagnosed and solved issues for me that Brighton couldn't in the past. Knows the Evora inside and out.
My car is going need a new wiring harness among other things. It needs to be done by a Lotus certified service center to maintain the warranty. If it were out of warranty I’d be happy to do that. So it looks like I’ll have to take a 6 hour drive to LA or Vegas then fly home. Then fly back when it’s repaired and drive home. Lotus, if you’re listening . . . it takes a rare idiot like me to be ok with this. You aren’t ever going to sell cars outside of the tiny enthusiast circle until you fix this.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My car is going need a new wiring harness among other things. It needs to be done by a Lotus certified service center to maintain the warranty. If it were out of warranty I’d be happy to do that. So it looks like I’ll have to take a 6 hour drive to LA or Vegas then fly home. Then fly back when it’s repaired and drive home. Lotus, if you’re listening . . . it takes a rare idiot like me to be ok with this. You aren’t ever going to sell cars outside of the tiny enthusiast circle until you fix this.
Understood. It's quite the headache to put hundreds of miles on the car and the cost of a plane ticket for each warranty repair. I'd visit Brighton Motorsports at their new location if I were you. I was just there last year so I hope they haven't closed shop.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Understood. It's quite the headache to put hundreds of miles on the car and the cost of a plane ticket for each warranty repair. I'd visit Brighton Motorsports at their new location if I were you. I was just there last year so I hope they haven't closed shop.
I’m down in Tucson, so not so easy to make a quick visit. But the fact that they haven’t responded to multiple messages (phone and email) over 4 months and their website and twitter presences are gone doesn’t give me much hope. And now this will mean even basic servicing of Arizona cars under warranty will require putting 1000 miles and two days to deal with it. Not a great situation to say the least.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I tried to contact Brighton recently and also had no response. Also, I believe Corey is now at Cascio Motors in Scottsdale.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’m down in Tucson, so not so easy to make a quick visit. But the fact that they haven’t responded to multiple messages (phone and email) over 4 months and their website and twitter presences are gone doesn’t give me much hope. And now this will mean even basic servicing of Arizona cars under warranty will require putting 1000 miles and two days to deal with it. Not a great situation to say the least.
I'll drive by their shop this weekend to confirm.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
For out of warranty Lotus work, I met a guy in Scottsdale who works on exotics and seems competent. If things continue to go well I’ll recommend him.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Brighton is shutdown

I just talked to Simon who ran the service department for Brighton Motorsports. He said the owners did close down the store/shop, so they are out of business of doing any repairs.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just talked to Simon who ran the service department for Brighton Motorsports. He said the owners did close down the store/shop, so they are out of business of doing any repairs.
Thanks for finding out for me. Very disappointing, but time to move on and figure out how to handle this. Cheers.

·
Realtor
73 Posts
That sucks. Sorry to hear you are going to need to travel for warranty work. As for out of warranty, Corey at Vault is really good. Gregory with British Automotive Repair is a really good guy with a good shop. I take my Jag there and he says he’s worked on several Evoras, although I haven’t taken my Lotus there. He’s great and honest with my Jag though.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just a thought: does anybody know the contact info of the relevant person at Lotus USA I can speak to about this? Maybe they would allow Vault to do the work and not void the warranty given Corey’s background as a Lotus technician.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts