The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have plans to change out the "sill/armrest", the hard plastic is really uncomfortable, is this part leather in the touring package, it was the one thing I really didn't like on my test drive?

Both myself and my passenger didn't like it, maybe shorter people wouldn't have an issue but we are both 6'.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I noticed that too. The difficult part will be adding a pad that will not interfere with getting in and out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
If you look at S1 photos most of them have a padded leather cover with a storage pocket on the inside(next to your thigh). the pad covers some of the top for getting in and out as well as making for a nice arm rest, while the side padding is for cornering bracing.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know, a must have!!

My girlfriend was B$#@ing about her arm after our five minute test drive, I thought it was pretty bad as well...that leather cover looks like it would do the trick.

I will have to start perusing the aftermarket parts world shortly, see how many more $$$s I will spend!!!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
For a cheaper alternative, you could get a small piece of padding (pillow, etc.), and velcro it in place on the sill. That way, you could remove it to get in and out.

Not ideal, but cheaper, and something you can easily do in the short run, while you investigate alternatives.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Re: Don't thank me now...

roadrunner said:
Investigation complete:
Does it act as an airbag also? :confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Carry a towel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts