The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Side Nets

Anyone have any instructions, diagrams or helpful hints on installing a cage net or side net in an Exige.

Pictures would be great too!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
When I saw your title "arm restraints" I thought of two other scenarios. The first was one of those "white tuxedos" they use in mental wards. The second was that you had gone over the edge and were now kidnapping folks and wanted to subdue them. I'm glad it was just for cage netting!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bobby, do you mean like a window net, or do you mean like a Safecraft left-side or center net?

For the former, my cage has tabs welded on top for the mounting bar, and the bottom of the net has straps that thread around the door-bars - allowing me to push the net as far out as I can.

For the latter, I had my cagebuilder weld the post that the net attaches to at the furthest forward part of the window. The net attaches behind my seat on my firewall.

I can send pictures if you want.

Side-Note, for safety related soft-things (harnesses/nets, etc), I'll never use something other than Safecraft ever again. It's expensive, but the highest quality belts/nets/hardware I've ever seen.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bobby, do you mean like a window net, or do you mean like a Safecraft left-side or center net?

For the former, my cage has tabs welded on top for the mounting bar, and the bottom of the net has straps that thread around the door-bars - allowing me to push the net as far out as I can.

For the latter, I had my cagebuilder weld the post that the net attaches to at the furthest forward part of the window. The net attaches behind my seat on my firewall.

I can send pictures if you want.

Side-Note, for safety related soft-things (harnesses/nets, etc), I'll never use something other than Safecraft ever again. It's expensive, but the highest quality belts/nets/hardware I've ever seen.
Please send pictures of both! Thank you!

·
because racecar
540 Posts
Only arm restraints I've used in a lotus were the kind that hook to your harness then have a strap and loop for each arm. Was easy peasy.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talking side net for the right side in the U.S.

Looking for install tips and where they were purchased.

·
Premium Member
4,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts