The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thanks to a wayward armadillo, I managed to totally mangle my front clam. Cracked all the way through the license plate mount and smashed in the front central grill. :mad::mad::mad: Fortunately, it's all cosmetic.

Now i'm torn what to do. Declare with insurance? I doubt they would allow full clam replacement and even if they would the clam is on backorder nationally. Then you have the whole paint match nightmare. I have CO which is a b*tch to match.

If I just do some fiberglass repair and repaint that area only, it probably won't be that noticable...especially if I run a aftermarket splitter.

In that case I could just pay out of pocket and avoid the insurance PITA and Carfax ding.

Just don't know... A full new clam with possible paint match issues and fitment problems VS a repaired clam with possible focal paint and obvious repair issues... :confused:

Dammit! Up until now the car has been flawless.

Any advice would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Back in the stone age, my brother was in the Air Force in San Angelo Texas. His buddy there nearly totaled a Corvette on an armadillo.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I say stuff the armadillo and mount it in the grill opening. With that kind of grill ornament no one will notice if the paint doesn't match.

·
Registered
471 Posts
In Texas I see those dead little goofs along the roadway; rolled on their back and sucking down a LoneStar beer.

·
Registered
471 Posts
you just can't start a thread like this without pics...against interwebz rules.

:shrug:

Don't know about the Lotus ... but the offender looked something like THIS:
:crazyeyes:clap::panic:

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Sorry about the accident but Armadillos are good eating in a half shell borrow you didn't make ground beef out of the little sucker.... BTW were you doing SiXeVeN at the time of impact?

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's some photos for you gore hungry types. Not too bad in appearance but the whole bottom lip is crushed and flopping in the breeze.:mad:

BTW, that black is a lovely patina of track debris mixed with armadillo blood & innards... hmmmm yummy!

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here's some photos for you gore hungry types. Not too bad in appearance but the whole bottom lip is crushed and flopping in the breeze.:mad:

BTW, that black is a lovely patina of track debris mixed with armadillo blood & innards... hmmmm yummy!
Thatll buff right out

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 38 Posts