The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just broke over the wire...it's a shame if it happens.

NANTERRE, France, July 28 (AFP) - Lance Armstrong may be stripped of his sixth Tour de France title. In a random check for banned substances, French authorities found three substances in Armstrong's hotel room that are banned by the French: Toothpaste, deodorant, and soap.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooops, I guess I missed that one :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Lance doesn't need to cheat.
-He really only focuses on one major race each year since he won the first tour.
-He's a genetic mutant
-He trains year round but also trains smartly
-He is motivated by something bigger than the race itself (cancer).
-He has a strong team each year.
-He carries less weight due to missing nuts

Edit:

My friends and I have ridden with Lance on some local training rides here in Austin and you really can't understand the speed and power he can generate until you see it in person. These group rides usually consist pros cyclists (Cat 1), pro triathletes and very fast club riders. It's quite mind boggling.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, Ok... But you didn't know the rest....

....on a physical examination, the French also found some organs that they weren't familiar with: testicles and a backbone.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Re: Ok, Ok... But you didn't know the rest....

Miguel said:
....on a physical examination, the French also found some organs that they weren't familiar with: testicles and a backbone.
rotfl that was great :D

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Re: Ok, Ok... But you didn't know the rest....

Miguel said:
Very Funny :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't going to post that, but seeing that "owned" I had to :)

Note: I don't hate the french, it was just a joke.

I grew up in the border of Spain and France, and I have friends there. I know the difference between people and governments. I know when the people from france make fun of the Petit Swiss (that's how they refer to french speaking Swiss) they are kidding. Hey they make fun of the spaniards as well, and they don't consider Canadian French as French, a friend of mine said on a canadian movie, that they should had french subtitles (he was kidding of course).

French was my 2nd language before English, but have not used it for years so I'm waaaayyy too rusty, I could think and did dream sometimes in French (went to school there).

Still I have friends there, and if you can't make fun of anyone, where will humor go??

Sorry if I offended anyone, but lighten up!!!

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Little Bastard said:
LOL!!!

oh sh*t!! that's priceless! I love the kid's expression! :clap:

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Miguel said:
I wasn't going to post that, but seeing that "owned" I had to :)

Note: I don't hate the french, it was just a joke.

I grew up in the border of Spain and France, and I have friends there. I know the difference between people and governments. I know when the people from france make fun of the Petit Swiss (that's how they refer to french speaking Swiss) they are kidding. Hey they make fun of the spaniards as well, and they don't consider Canadian French as French, a friend of mine said on a canadian movie, that they should had french subtitles (he was kidding of course).

French was my 2nd language before English, but have not used it for years so I'm waaaayyy too rusty, I could think and did dream sometimes in French (went to school there).

Still I have friends there, and if you can't make fun of anyone, where will humor go??

Sorry if I offended anyone, but lighten up!!!
It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye...;)

But dude, I am totally cool and I'm French. Every nationality has something someone else can make fun of. I am sure the French making fun of the US too. I am sorry if I was harsh.

Neil

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Little Bastard said:
It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye...;)

But dude, I am totally cool and I'm French. Every nationality has something someone else can make fun of. I am sure the French making fun of the US too. I am sorry if I was harsh.

Neil
Don't be, you were not harsh. I didn't know you were french and I'm sorry if I offended you.

BTW, my favourite beer is Kronen, favourite food Confit de Canard, favourite liquor Armagnac, favourite sparkling wine Veuve de Clicquot, on wines I rather have a rioja for reds, portuguese for white. Of course, now that I don't live in Spain I can't afford all that stuff, liquor and wine taxes are very low in Spain, you can almost buy a case for the price of one bottle here.

If I ever get my car and we ever get together, I'll buy the 1st round.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Miguel said:
Don't be, you were not harsh. I didn't know you were french and I'm sorry if I offended you.

BTW, my favourite beer is Kronen, favourite food Confit de Canard, favourite liquor Armagnac, favourite sparkling wine Veuve de Clicquot, on wines I rather have a rioja for reds, portuguese for white. Of course, now that I don't live in Spain I can't afford all that stuff, liquor and wine taxes are very low in Spain, you can almost buy a case for the price of one bottle here.

If I ever get my car and we ever get together, I'll buy the 1st round.
Non taken... I just thought; here we go another round of French jokes... F#ck, it's getting old. I don't really take it personally anymore. As for the liquor, hell yeah, we'll have to get some drinks. You are right about all the good wines, the costs are crazy here... So I started drinking tequila :D not that good tequila isn't expensive. As for beer, I have to say Heineken, my mom works for them, so we get free beer when I go back to Europe (Holland).

Neil

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm not meaning anything personal either. While I was stationed in Belgium I heard my share of American jabs and jokes. There was a poster at SHAPE that had a little thing for each country that I wish I could have grabbed.

·
Registered
543 Posts
miquel, obviously you need your Elise.

the one good thing that the Americans have done overseas this summer and you have to mess wth it?!?!

get a life. get an elise. or something....

like maybe a bike!!

obviously you don't bike and don't know what it's like to ride for a couple/three hours averaging in the mid 20's, or you wouldn't have been a bone head to bust on a good thing....

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
espritv8 said:
miquel...obviously you don't bike and don't know what it's like to ride for a couple/three hours averaging in the mid 20's, or you wouldn't have been a bone head to bust on a good thing....
His name is Miguel. And what are you talking about? :confused:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's ok transio,

People now a days confuse humor with insults.

Didn't use to be that way, blame the PC force.

Sad, but maybe in the future you'll get a ticket or a fine for telling a joke :)

Btw, since in Spain, you can't get a driver license until you are 21, I did my fair share of biking, and saw the tour everytime they went trough Spain. And Indurain is from my region, and Everybody made fun of the Basque people, and who cares.. I never felt insulted when people crack jokes about spaniards, instead if they are funny jokes I laught. And I'm also American (My dad was Airforce stationed in Spain, my mom is from Spain) and people there made fun as well.

I still have a heavy accent and it cracks people up here in the US. My dad has a heavy english accent and he still lives in Spain and it cracks people up too.

I'm 40 now and still weight 150 so I don't think I need more exercise.

As far as getting a life, If I didn't have to finish this game in the next 2 months I wouldn't be still at work (7:30pm) when I got to work at 8:30 am. The trap that is owning stock on the company you work for.

But it's all ok...He is right in one thing, I need my Elise, but in the meantime, could I drive your Esprit????

·
Registered
543 Posts
miguel, well atleast you have biked a lot, and maybe on some of those spanish hills?!! do you still bike?

anyway, it is hard to convey humour/jokes over these typed words, it's just that somethings are better left un-joked about i guess. i was glued to the tv watching the Tour last month, even heard my better half saying ok do you have to watch all the replays on OLN? armstrong treated us to 3 weeks of history in the making, my friend!

transio, i corrected the spelling thanks, and what i was talking about was bicycle riding and maintaining an average in the mid 20mph's. the everyday bloke is happy to average in the teen's and occasionally cruise in the 20s down hill, and these guys on the Tour average in the low 30's on the solo time trials. ouch!

yes i still bike, and at 48 and weighing 140 soaking wet, i can still average in the mid 20s for a 2 or 3 hour road bike trip.

so, as far as getting a life, i guess we're all guilty. needing our elises we're all a little stir crazy. even the 12 plus hours a day running my own biz doesn't distract enough, 'can relate to your there miguel. our elise will arrive early next year, hopefully your wait is shorter. as for the drive in the esprit, let me think about it...:cool:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm, I don't get it.

Am I right to assume that you are thinking I was putting down Amstrong????

I thought I was the one that English was his 3rd language :)

touchy aren't we :no:

How funny will it be if my last name was Indurain. :p

Of course, if that was the case, I would be pissed at Amstrong since I would only had won 5 of them :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts