The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As usual the internet is giving me conflicting installation info.

A lot of people saying to use washers on an aluminium flywheel. Torque and release 3-5 times. Some say use lube on threads and some say loctite.

ARP say, no washers, lube on the face, loctite on threads and to torque once.

Im always an advocate for following the manufacturers instructions but im just wondering if these are for steel flywheels.

ARP instructions:

·
Administrator
2,094 Posts
Call them tomorrow and continue to follow manufacturer suggestions...

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I followed the arp instructions with a Fidanza AL flywheel no washers, no issues.I did not torque and release. There are some good instructions on this site. Remember to put new clutch cover bolts in from ARP and follow those instructions as well. The clutch cover bolts are not re-usable per toyota manual.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ARP said to follow the Flywheel manufacturers instructions.
MWR said follow ARPs instructions which are; no washers, loctite, lube on face and single torque to 70lb

I followed the arp instructions with a Fidanza AL flywheel no washers, no issues.I did not torque and release. There are some good instructions on this site. Remember to put new clutch cover bolts in from ARP and follow those instructions as well. The clutch cover bolts are not re-usable per toyota manual.
You mean the pressure plate to flywheel bolts? Im pretty sure my new clutch came with some.
Can I re use the starter plate bolts?

·
Vendor
3,280 Posts
What we've done for years and on our cars including our XP car is no washers + loc-tite red. Single torque i.e. ARPs instructions. Works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts