The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed an Arqray decat pipe with a Stage II exhaust and all I can say is WOW!! :evil: :evil:

Thanks to Cory (cory1000) for the decat.

A couple of install tips and observations:
1. The Arqray flange fits perfectly on to the stock header. You can use the same hardware, no mods required.

2. The second O2 sensor bung hole has a 90 degree fitting in it, into which you screw the O2 sensor. (This fitting "tricks" the sensor so you don't get a CEL). However, I had to cut away some of the heat shielding because the fitiing with the sensor installed was blocked by the shield. Some tin snips and a couple of test fits and it was fine. Adds an extra 5 minutes.

3. The pipe runs HOT. After some spirited driving, the diffuser, rear panel and rear quarter panel were hot to the touch, more so than with the cat pipe.

4. I will probably add a heat shield around the decat pipe to minimize the heat. I think I can modify the original heat shield to fit.

All this said, it was an easy install. Everythings lines up properly and no CEL. :clap:

The sound is amazing, not only louder, but has a different tone. Burbles and pops also are louder now. My son says it sounds like an F1 motor. :D He's a good kid...

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Congrats :)

I'm looking into a Stage II as well for my elise. How long did it take you to install? I'm not savvy in the mechanical area... so could my lotus dealership install the Stage II for me?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the Stage II and install?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking into a Stage II as well for my elise. How long did it take you to install? I'm not savvy in the mechanical area... so could my lotus dealership install the Stage II for me?

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the Stage II and install?
The Stage II install took about 3 hours, including removal of the old exhaust. I took my time, and could certainly do it in half the time now.

Certainly a dealership could do the install. I did it myself, it's not that hard to do. I did a write-up, with pics, on the install. Here is the link to the thread: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f154/stage-2-install-how-w-pics-35006/

I bought the Stage II from Fox Valley Motor Cars (FVMC) for $525. It was on a Parts Special buy, 15% discount off list. FVMC is great to deal with! I had the exhaust 2 days after ordering.

Good luck with it and I think you'll really like the sound. :coolnana:

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
263 Posts
I love the sound of my Stage II...completely changed the sound of my car. i can't imagine how it would sound with the decat! :drool:. I'd definitely be interested to hear some sound clips!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I checked the FVMC website and they don't have any exhausts for sale. Where can I purchase a stage II exhaust? elisemods.com has been down for days.. and Park Place doesn't have any. Any good place to get a new stage II??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts