The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked mine up today. It looks great. I got the Sport Cat to go with it too. I got to hear the twin tip with CRP on the Toyota engine and a single with CRP on a K-series. I heard the single in a small garage so it was hard to judge exactly how loud it was but inside it was almost enough to hurt your ears. They both sounded very good. The twin tip has a slightly deeper note but is equally as crisp as the single. The twin with CRP was not as loud as I expected. I also picked up the rear plate holder that replaces the big heavy one and the turn buckles that hold up the defuser.

Oyaji san of ToyBox 48 is a very nice person. I had to take the train (well, actually 3 trains for a total of 2 1/2 hours) to get to the shop. When I got there, they were closed. I asked the people in the a shop next door if today was ToyBox's day off. Sure enough, closed on Wednesdays. I told them how far I had come so they called Oyaji san and he was there 15 minutes later! He personally boxed up my exhaust. The Sport Cat was at another one of his locations a few minutes away so he drove me there and where I go to listen to the twin tip. Then we went to the small garage a few minutes away from that location just to listen to the single. After all that he even drove me back to the train station.

Thanks Oyaji san!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your 'after' pictures!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Can we buy the reflectors braces and license holder separately from the exhaust?
I think the SS QS exhaust might like to be exposed a little more ;)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surferjer said:
Looking forward to seeing your 'after' pictures!!!
Me too! :D

adamant said:
Can we buy the reflectors braces and license holder separately from the exhaust?
I think the SS QS exhaust might like to be exposed a little more ;)
The plate/defuser holder set is sold seperately.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW,

This is the exact same system that Shinoo sells. It's available for purchase at sector111.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I am glad that you got there OK and he was there. I sent him an email that you were coming to visit but I did not heard back from him 'til you left the shop. He really appreciated your visit and enthusiasm. Enjoy!

BTW, Nice Tatami mats.....Again. :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
:eek: You better run and take cover for that one :D
Ding Ding Ding. Where did I put the tar.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They make a twin tip if it's that much of a concern. Adding a fake tip would completely defeat the purpose of getting the single.

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
So when are you installing it on your car?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whenever it gets through customs...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope. It's on it's way to Japan now. Customs is taking forever.

·
shay2nak
25,128 Posts
KuroiSport said:
Nope. It's on it's way to Japan now. Customs is taking forever.
what color/options?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mag Blue, Touring, Hard Top. Didn't really want the Touring but I figured I could "live" with it. It's not that expensive anyway. If I go for a serious drive or to the track, I can just take out the passenger seat to save the weight added by Touring.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I couldn't resist. There is a sale untill the end of the month. I saved $500.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts