The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Arqray side exit exhaust and it's waaay too quiet for my taste. To me it sounds like the stock exhaust. :shrug:

I'm feeling a bit sick about it all.

Please tell me they get louder with age. At idle it barely sounds like anything.

I have to take it to 8 grand to get anything out of it, and still it sounds quiet to me, and frankly I'd like to hear something at a much lower RPM.

:sad:

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I just got my Arqray side exit exhaust and it's waaay too quiet for my taste. To me it sounds like the stock exhaust. :shrug:

I'm feeling a bit sick about it all.

Please tell me they get louder with age. At idle it barely sounds like anything.

I have to take it to 8 grand to get anything out of it, and still it sounds quiet to me, and frankly I'd like to hear something at a much lower RPM.

:sad:
do you still have the cat?

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
:eek: I have a chain saw you could borrow...

EDIT: You DO have it hooked to the car, right?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
are you talking about the single tip arqray? i have that exhaust with a header and sport cat and i love the sound. its a low powerful rumble below 4k and anything above 4k it just screams

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
give it two weeks.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, single tip, side exit. Brand new.

I think I'm gonna need a decat.

And yep, I'll give it some time.

I also don't like the way it sounds at idle. Kind of raspy. But maybe I was just in a bad mood.

Nope, don't need a hearing aid

And yep Serebo it's hooked up to the car. lol, I'm just hardcore like that I guess. :shift:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yep, single tip, side exit. Brand new.

I think I'm gonna need a decat.

And yep, I'll give it some time.

I also don't like the way it sounds at idle. Kind of raspy. But maybe I was just in a bad mood.

Nope, don't need a hearing aid

And yep Serebo it's hooked up to the car. lol, I'm just hardcore like that I guess. :shift:
the arqray really sounds best at the track.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Too quiet? Ask your neighbors at 4 in the morning when you're stealthily bringing home hotties from the club.

They'll tell you it is perfect.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Um, if I were stealthily bringing hotties home from the club my husband might get mad.

My neighbors are used to our loud cars. I drive them gingerly in the neighborhood.

Just to make sure I'm not going deaf I had someone else drive it, and they too felt it was a bit less than they expected.

I wanted to go Von Hep but there's an 8 week wait time and I'm not an eight week wait time kind of person. I do have a Von Hep rear panel eliminator.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dunno, our elise have the Quicksilver and I love the way it sounds.

I'm thinking I need a decat. Plus, the Arqray burbles a lot, so if I get a decat, I look forward to shooting flames at night.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
The Larini De-Cat from s111 will work with it, its 267 from them. Dont reall see to many used on here for sale...

I dunno, our elise have the Quicksilver and I love the way it sounds.

I'm thinking I need a decat. Plus, the Arqray burbles a lot, so if I get a decat, I look forward to shooting flames at night.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts