The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on bimmerforums.com:

"The first shipment of the Elise is coming to the United States this Monday (3/08).

The guys at Midwestern Auto Group, in Columbus, OH told me this. I wonder how long the wait list is going to be for this car?

If anyone here lives in Columbus (actually Dublin) go to MAG and check it out on Monday.

If you don't check it out at the dealership, it will be at Columbus's annual car show downtown on the 13th of March.

I can't wait for this car to finally be here!!! If I could only buy one...oh well.

Gusty"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sounds like someone got their story mixed up. Mag is getting one of the LA show cars this week for the Columbus auto show. They are not getting a "shipment" of cars.

·
Registered
178 Posts
yes

Dear O.F.M.
Re: First post in this thread. Some of the information is correct (to the best of my knowledge). There is to be a red Elise 'show car' at the Columbus International Auto Show (Convention Center), but NOT be available to be driven. Supposedly, not a 'real' car, not licensed and no working brakes. Show dates are 12-21 March, but I was told the car would be there 13-21 by M.A.G. Should you knock them if you haven't personally dealt with them? I have been told by M.A.G. to expect delivery of my car (ordered Monday 1 March) by August or September, so I doubt they would have cars that were ordered (a couple weeks ago) by Monday the 8th of this month. Sometimes people get excited and hear what they hope to hear.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Dear Less.
With all due respect. What information in the first post is correct? The fact that there is going to be an auto show in Columbus looks like the only legitimate comment to me.

The "red" Elise is not a Federal Elise, its the same car I saw last year in Atlanta. Its a nice looking car, dont get me wrong, but its NOT the Federal car.

Im not "knocking" MAG. However the mania being caused by silly information perpetuated by dealers is getting a little old IMHO.. Am I knocking MAG? Well, not really unless they did in fact tell people that the Federal Elise is going to be here next monday. :rolleyes:

Or maybe they told some person that a non federal elise was coming for the autoshow and this same person then decided to post that the Federal car was coming in next monday to be sold. I dont see how those factoids could get so grossly skewed, but oh well.
Either way Im sure Im not the only one who feels this way, in fact others posted here too, Im sorry you chose to direct your comments towards me solely.

Cheers
Me

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
LIghten up Less:)

Jenn made the lighthearted remark poking fun, as I believe it was MAG that got all over the news for delivering a megabucks car to a 16 yo at school just on the 16 yos word (didn't really have any money).

Chris
88 days and a wakeup............

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
LIghten up Less:)

Jenn made the lighthearted remark poking fun, as I believe it was MAG that got all over the news for delivering a megabucks car to a 16 yo at school just on the 16 yos word (didn't really have any money).

Chris
88 days and a wakeup............
Here's the story, Dealer in Dublin, OH; kid in NJ

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/12/teen.bmw.scam.ap/index.html

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
jml.

I wonder?????? :)

Also,
keep in mind the demos are going to have to be built first.

Chris
88 days and a wakeup........................:D
I heard a rumor that the demos will be sent over in April, prior to any customer cars. That would help pass the time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts