The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Elise is in Processing! Call could come any time now!! Financing is in place -just waiting for the purchase contract. I'm checking my voicemails at home almost every hour. Every time the phone rings at work, I hold my breath. I'm checking my e-mails constantly. My car's somewhere here. It could leave Processing at anytime. Can't get anyworkdone! Whereisit?! Thewaitisdrivingmemadwithanticipation! ARRRRRRRRRrrggh!!!!!
:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
My Elise is in Processing! Call could come any time now!! Financing is in place -just waiting for the purchase contract. I'm checking my voicemails at home almost every hour. Every time the phone rings at work, I hold my breath. I'm checking my e-mails constantly. My car's somewhere here. It could leave Processing at anytime. Can't get anyworkdone! Whereisit?! Thewaitisdrivingmemadwithanticipation! ARRRRRRRRRrrggh!!!!!
:wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
I'm pretty sure mine sat in "processing" for about a month... so don't get your hopes up too high.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I know excactly what you are going through!! Hang in there buddy:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
feeling your pain... i think we should all get counseling for post traumatic stress disorder.

i bought a car from the east coast almost three weeks ago. initially they said it could be on a truck within the week. but then it got bumped from that truck, so they say.

then it was booked on another truck a week later. they said it would be here early this week. i called yesterday to find out which day, only to hear that the truck had to go to georgia first, then back to ohio before heading to california. it is supposed to be here next week.

i have been festering a seething homicidal rage since yesterday morning. i don't understand how they can be so consistently inaccurate? this isn't rocket science! :(

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for you consolations. BTW, I don't blame the dealership, or my sales person, and I don't blame Lotus much either. I'ms sure everyone want the car to be delivered so they can get paid. Actually, I don't blame anyone - I just want my car!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,350 Posts
My car supposedly is sitting out in the ocean waiting to get in at the Long Beach port. Talk about rubbing salt into our wounds...at least I don't have to contend with salt/snow and will be able to drive year round!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
ah, but it is getting plenty extra "salt time" in the harbor

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
shinoo said:
My car supposedly is sitting out in the ocean waiting to get in at the Long Beach port. Talk about rubbing salt into our wounds...at least I don't have to contend with salt/snow and will be able to drive year round!
My ship was due last Sunday, so perhaps we are out there bobbing around together. My friends at the port weren't too helpful. There still is a delay getting in to a berth to unload. With luck it's down to a week or so now.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I was in your same position a few short weeks ago. Dont worry, it will come. I was shocked when I finally got the call.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
I was in your same position a few short weeks ago. Dont worry, it will come. I was shocked when I finally got the call.
I was stunned to get an e-mail from Nick saying that my car should be available in a couple of weeks. I'm sure that when it's finally ready to be picked up, it will be hard to believe.

So your car should be broken in now with the trip to SF and back. Happy with it?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
LotusLust said:
ah, but it is getting plenty extra "salt time" in the harbor
Nah... Elises are shipped in sealed containers - three to a container.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
_JD_ said:
Is there a certain day of the week when dealers tend to receive VIN's from Lotus?
I know one CA dealer who usually gets their updates on Friday.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Soon. Very, very soon.

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
986 Posts
Allan -

I sympathize - I'm in exactly the same position... I have the VIN, my car was supposedly built the last week of October, but that's all I have for info.

I called Fox Valley earlier today, and Frank was supposedly going to call me back with more info in "20 minutes"... So far nothing.

I checked their showroom webcam this morning, and sitting there was "my car" - but of course it was a dealer car that they'd traded for (e.g. mark up and sell for a big profit) - and not mine...:no:

I'm going nuts waiting too...

·
Long-term Lotus Fanatic
986 Posts
Ok - just got off the phone with Frank.

My car's in the USA!!! :clap:

Frank gave me a port date of Nov 13th - so now all I have to do is wait for the car to show up here in Chicago...

THE WAITING IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
My SY/touring/hardtop is in port (has been since October 30, and I have the VIN) but the dealer still has not been invoiced. Could show up any day now ....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know exactly where my car is, it is at the dealer. It is even paid for!
My ST LSS/Touring/hardtop arrived at the dealership last Friday. I went in the next day and paid for it, during a rainstorm. The dealer offered to keep the car until the weather improved and despite a strong urge otherwise I took his offer. The dealer was closed on Sunday. It rained all day today, sometimes hard, and there was flooding in the low areas around town. Tomorrow we are supposed to get severe storms. The dealership is only open a half day on Wednesday, I am out of town on Thursday. It may be next Saturday before I can drive it. I have sat in it and I am consoling myself by reading the owner's manuals for the car and the radio.
Well, I put my deposit down 14 months ago so I guess I can wait a few more days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts