The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to suffer from arthritis at the ripe old age of 38. I noticed it particularly bad today as a low-pressure front and rain hung over Central Florida most of the day.

I tried to be on Celebrex, but it wreaked havoc on my stomach. Prologned use of ibuprofen isn't good either.

I'm trying to add cinnamon to my diet (about 1 tsp per day). Supposedly good for Cholesterol too. And I think Fish Oil is beneficial.

Anybody try anything natural/alternative that works for them?

Thanks,

·
Registered
247 Posts
Natural? How about a dime bag of good dope and stiff drink?

No, no, no... I am a responsible father of two of would never condone such a thing!

On a serious note, qball, I share your pain and I too am also only 38. Somehow, just in the past 5 years, my entire body started falling apart. My back and hands ache, and my knees and ankles are going next. Of course, years of sports and physical punishment as a youth didn't help me much there.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
You might try bee venom.

Search 'apitherapy.'
You'll find about equal parts proponents and critics...

·
Registered
205 Posts
try using a copper bracelet. It doesn't eliminate your arthritis, but let's just say for me, it cut the symptoms in half.

haven't tried the version with magnets, but remember, it's effective when you sweat and get the green copper stain underneath the bracelet; proof that you are absorbing it into your metabolism.

give it s few weeks of wearing it to notice any results.

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll I'm trying my own little "cocktail" to help...

4 oz Pomegranate juice (full of antioxidants)
1 cup frozen (or fresh) blueberries (natural anti-inflammatory)
1 cup vanilla Soy Yogurt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (has to be Ceylon-type) - natural anti-inflammatory and good for lowering LDL
2 tablespoons organic unfiltered honey (natural anti-inflammatory properties)

Blend together. It's actually VERY tasty.

My skin is clearing up quite a bit (I have sensitive, acne-prone skin) and the pectin in the blueberries is making my... ummm... dookies nice and firm... hahahahaha

On top of that I'm taking fish-oil capsules and Glucosamine/condroytin/MSM tablets

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hey' I'm 37 and have that too. In my right toe.
Depends where you have it, ointment may help.
I have a keto/lido ointment and it helps. For a while.

Also take any meds WITH food. ESPECIALLY ibuprofen. Celeberex did not help me.

As far as natural goes, I think pestodude's "Glucosimne & Chondroitin and MSM" advice is good.

I just keep forgetting to take my supplements. Maybe that's why I type so poorly.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Send me a personal note, I work with a formulation company and we mfg a NEM Egg shell membrane that works very well on joint pain (I use it)

Barring heavy drugs its good stuff. You can go online and check out NEM.

This product is not yet in stores...you will see it in January

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would HIGHLY recommend two very effective natural anti-inflammatories - bromelain and tumeric, both available in pill format.

+1 on glucasomine chondroitin as per others.

One additional thing to look into (the aforementioned are definite recommendations where this one is just a suggestion for looking into - Wobenzyme

Get the bromelain and tumeric and stsrt taking every day and give it 4 th 6 weeks.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Best stuff out there right now is Glucoseamine Sulfate with Chondroitin Sulfate. Make sure the Glucoseamine is a Sulfate and not HCL, it doesn't work at all. The clinical trials were done with GS from Rotta Labs, they have the exclusive patent. Only available stateside through Rotta or Integrative Theapeutics, that's the brand I dispense at my clinic, it has GS and CS combined.

MSM and Fish Oil may also help. Best Fish Oil is Pro Omega from Nordic Naturals, it's the purest and most potent. They assay every batch to screen for Mercury, PCB's and the like. The FO will also typically drop your cholesterol and lower your BP. My BP is 80/55 with a pulse of 60 and my cholesterol is in the 120's and I'm 58 y.o. I take zero Rx meds.

If you have Rheumatoid Arthritis then none of these will help as much as they do with Osteoarthritis.

There use to be a really great product that was pulled because of financial fighting between the mfg. and the distributor and it had been side lined for 3-4 years now, it was EV-EXT77. I saw incredible results in all of my arthritic patients within 3-7 days. If you Google it you will come up with Flexagility which I also dispense and it has been recently re-introduced, THANK GOD. This works but only when taken in conjunction with the GS/CS

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks.

I already have found the Nordic Naturals Omega 3 which I am taking.

Will look into the other two.

I had been take Gluc-HCL, and Chondroitin Sulfate combo, put will loo into the GS/CS product instead

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Would having a dehumidifier installed at the house help to keep humidity down, hence lower joint pain?

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have noticed that I am starting to become susceptible to the weather. When a low pressure front comes in my hands hurt and elbows hurt. Some muscle pain too.

It was VERY bad this past Tuesday when it rained all day.

Somebody shoot me. I may feel better.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Would having a dehumidifier installed at the house help to keep humidity down, hence lower joint pain?
Humidity is not as much as a factor as a barometric pressure change. Tissues, be it a joint , muscle, bursa, etc., that have chronic inflammation, are more "irritable" and pressure changes are painful. Your internal pressure has to change to compensate for the outside pressure. Your ears modify pressure changes in your head all the time, hence the cracking in your ears when you take off and land. People with bursitis know about weather changes a day before the arrival because of the barometric pressure. Knee, shoulder and hip pain are common complaints before a change and quite common complaints of headaches from chronic headache cases.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Somebody shoot me. I may feel better.
Have Gun - Will Travel :p

DPM has given you the best advice. I feel your pain qball. I have the same problem but I am alot older than you.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
try using a copper bracelet. It doesn't eliminate your arthritis, but let's just say for me, it cut the symptoms in half.

haven't tried the version with magnets, but remember, it's effective when you sweat and get the green copper stain underneath the bracelet; proof that you are absorbing it into your metabolism.

give it s few weeks of wearing it to notice any results.
All that's proof of is that you have a green stain on your wrist. Or skin protects us from absorbing things into our metabolism. (Unless the substance is disolved in transdermal solution which is designed to penetrate our skins protection). Otherwise, gasoline, antifreeze, all sorts of really bad stuff would be in your metabolism if it got on your hands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Natural remedies for arthritis focus on relieving the pain associated with the condition, usually by repairing cartilage and reducing swelling and discomfort.

Fish Oil - With its myriad health benefits as well as FDA support, fish oil has become the supplement of choice these days. Its Omega 3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA has been shown to be essential for cartilage maintenance and repair.

MSM - a naturally occurring sulfur compound that acts as an anti-inflammatory, and therefore may shrink swelling offering relief to arthritis sufferers.

Glucosamine and Chondroitin - two of the more popular natural arthritis cures, these two naturally occuring substances can aid in joint function and repair.

Manganese - an important antioxidant nutrient that helps facilitate enzymes and slow the aging process, useful in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.

Niacinamide - also known as Vitamin B3, it helps maintain the integrity of cells and tissues, slowing the progression of arthritis.

Turmeric and Ginger Extract - two powerful anti-inflammatory herbal extracts that have been shown to be more effective than anti-inflammatory drugs in treating the debilitating symptoms of arthritis.

All of the above natural arthritis cures may be able to significantly reduce painful symptoms of arthritis, and have helped many people cope with this painful condition.

Natural remedies for arthritis can also help you avoid the dangerous side effects of prescription medications - in the case of Vioxx, this meant an increased risk of heart attack and stroke.

Drinking at least one glass of freshly squeezed orange juice every day can help with some symptoms. Natural cures for arthritis, or at least a pain management system seems to be in certain forms of fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables that contain Beta-cryptoxanthin are not only contributors to healthy bones and skin, but are thought to help with the immune system which is directly involved with Rheumatoid arthritis. Apricots, Cantaloupe, Grapefruit, Butternut squash, carrots, pumpkin, and sweet potatoes are among the yellow or orange fruits and vegetables that are rich in -Vitamin A and Beta-cryptoxanthin, some of the natural arthritis treatments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts