The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are selling their demo & a dropped order - both at MSRP.

Demo - Storm Titanium, Hardtop, Touring, Starshield.

Dropped order - Magnetic Blue, Hardtop, Touring, Starshield.

Contact is Curt Brown, 412-741-3300.

They are selling their demo becuase he is getting a new demo soon- black with LSS. Can't wait to test drive that one.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
They are selling their demo & a dropped order - both at MSRP.

Demo - Storm Titanium, Hardtop, Touring, Starshield.

Dropped order - Magnetic Blue, Hardtop, Touring, Starshield.

Contact is Curt Brown, 412-741-3300.

They are selling their demo becuase he is getting a new demo soon- black with LSS. Can't wait to test drive that one.
Me too. I'll finally be able to compare the LSS to my LTS suspension. I hope they put the stage II on it also. I can't see how they expect to sell this option without letting people hear it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
"I can't see how they expect to sell this option without letting people hear it."

It makes the car go WoooooWoooooooooooooooooo :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Wouldve thought someone on the waitlist would jump on the refused car.
Chris
Very Interesting!

As above!

I happen to be on the list at Ascot and Curt Brown is a class act.
I would assume he is notifying some of the "waiters" that are not as high on the list as I.

If it wasn't for the colors I would look into this further.

By the way.....long time lurker here.
Trying to get more involved.
Love reading everyone's posts.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow. I like magnetic blue but I will wait for my Laser Blue. I am supposed to have it soon...well actually months ago. Curt's really a nice guy. I quit inquiring about my car due to no new news each time I call. I feel bad for him as I think dealers are in the dark. Someone has to jump on these cars! If it's still there Thursday when I get home I'll go check it out.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EliseCat said:
Very Interesting!

As above!

I happen to be on the list at Ascot and Curt Brown is a class act.
I would assume he is notifying some of the "waiters" that are not as high on the list as I.

If it wasn't for the colors I would look into this further.

By the way.....long time lurker here.
Trying to get more involved.
Love reading everyone's posts.
If you're in the Pgh Area I run the Pgh Lotus Club. If you email me I'll put you on my mailing list for events and such.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just called ascot, and I am getting the car! I am so excited!

I need some quotes on shipping, anyone know where I can find these?

It would be from PA to either Athens or Atlanta GA.

-Whit

·
Registered
751 Posts
Isnt that bad for the break-in of the car though? And it should only cost a few hundred to ship the car that distance, correct?

-Whit

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Nope, not bad for the break in at all, just vary your speeds and RPMs, find US/state roads for some of the distance.

Chris

·
Registered
135 Posts
Who in the hell is cancelling these orders? I guess there could be all kinds of reasons. I am not surprised that the ascot car was snatched up quickly. Ascot's cool. No markup there huh?

Btw, I definately say fly up and drive it home. That's not far of a drive at all. Then again, that's just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i bought my car in manhattan, drove to annapolis that day, drove around there and to dc saturday then on to the tail of the dragon on saturday evening. by that time it had about 800 miles. by the time i finally got home sunday it had 1200 on the clock. had first service at LOA yesterday. my only complaint, despite asking for printout they did i was not able to get it.

there are some sweet cars at both dealerships.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wish I checked this board more often......im in the 60's on their list and I would have gladly taken it!

·
Banned
338 Posts
I would have taken it if it was Lazer Blue.....don't care much for Magnetic

I find Lazer Blue to be the most exotic looking color. Just my opinion. I am on their list in the 50's. Hope it's not too much longer.
Cheers

·
Registered
135 Posts
if it gives you any idea about wait time, I have been 13 since ummmm....jeez I can't remember now. I am going to say a year and a half?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts