The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
fish do you know how many they have delivered?

·
Registered
135 Posts
No. I was there a few months ago when they deilvered a red to a guy from buffalo and they had two others there at the time. A gunmetal and a chrome orange. Again all I can say is that I am 13 but it is laser blue and may be getting it out of order.

·
Registered
799 Posts
fish said:
No. I was there a few months ago when they deilvered a red to a guy from buffalo and they had two others there at the time. A gunmetal and a chrome orange. Again all I can say is that I am 13 but it is laser blue and may be getting it out of order.
You are #13 at Ascot??

I would have to say they have gotten at least that many cars by now.
I frequently check up around there and have seen quite a few coming and going!

P.S. LotusFury..........I'm on your email list already!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
They have delivered 18 cars so far. A couple have been for "Non-List" people that were only processed through Ascot, not ordered through them. I was order #3 originally and would have gotten my car last tuesday had I been able to afford it. It was a GG & LSS car, the lowest order number with the LSS. Curt said that he's on track to deliver ~30 cars this year. I would suspect that your car will be coming soon depending on options. What did you order?

EliseCat - Good. Looks like we will be getting more people soon. Should be able to get couple people at our next event, if nothing else just to BS about Lotus stuff.

·
Registered
238 Posts
well that makes me feel better...I figure some people will drop out so the 60's shouldn't be that far away (fingers crossed)

·
Registered
799 Posts
According to Curt...........at least 7 or so have dropped off the list so far. This was info from at least a month ago.
Not to speak for Curt here, but his feeling is that more will drop off the list once they sure the PURENESS of the car, ummmm...i.e., no cup holders, etc!

As an example....Curt said a customer was #57 and hadn't "checked in" for a while and when he did he had gone to #50. I plan on stopping by there this week sometime.
If I get any info I will certainly post it here.

LotusFury...........sorry to hear about your situation, i.e., you not being able to afford the car. Hopefully some in the group will give you the chance to ride and drive theirs when they get them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
wow ...I'm gonna give Curt a call this week...thanks for the info...I still have to sell my one car before I even think about buying the elise....it goes in auto trader this week

·
Registered
135 Posts
The only thing that I can think of is that mine is held up cuz it's laser blue. Otherwise I just don't get it. Curt told me I was to be one of the first in the country to receive Laser Blue months ago. He even went as far as to tell me it was built. I figured that I would stop calling him months ago because each time I called he had no new news. Frankly I thought my laser blue was on Wallabyguys shipment a long time ago. Did I slip through tthe carcks somehwere.

I guess I'd better call to check in.
:confused:

·
Registered
799 Posts
fish said:
The only thing that I can think of is that mine is held up cuz it's laser blue. Otherwise I just don't get it. Curt told me I was to be one of the first in the country to receive Laser Blue months ago. He even went as far as to tell me it was built. I figured that I would stop calling him months ago because each time I called he had no new news. Frankly I thought my laser blue was on Wallabyguys shipment a long time ago. Did I slip through tthe carcks somehwere.

I guess I'd better call to check in.
:confused:
Fish..........
I would definitely give him a call. He doesn't seem to mind as long as you are understanding of the situation he is in.

He has been most truthful and up front with me. There has been a slip here and there.........but it's a business right??

As I said...if I get any info I will post it here or start a new thread about it. I plan on checking what my current spot is since I finally put my name on the list a couple months ago.

Hope you are able to iron things out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey!!! My car is due in port on Nov. 11th!!!

2 short days from now! Now the question is...how long until I get it? Anyone know how long from port arrival to delivery in my hands? What port would that be? I am in Pittsburgh.

I have my VIN number!!!!

Yes they did sell more than 13 but Curt said it was the color batch issue. They only run so many laser blues and all at once.

You would thought I would have asked him these questions but I only got him on my voicemail.:clap:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Others may know better...but the port would most likely be in Maryland or New Jersey if I am not mistaken.

From Port to Ascot.....there are a lot of factors....I think most of them have been discussed here before but....could be a couple weeks to a month!!!

You are much closer than so many others though!
I'll be keeping my eye out for you though!! I live in Pittsburgh too!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey elisecat. I know this is an elise thread but how do you like your cooper s. I am considering the convertable.

·
Registered
799 Posts
fish said:
Hey elisecat. I know this is an elise thread but how do you like your cooper s. I am considering the convertable.
If you want my honest opinion............I LOVE my Cooper S.
It is honestly one of the best handling cars I have ever driven.
I have owned various things over the years....and between my brothers and friends have driven many different cars.
I always end up having a blast in the MINI though.

Again...just my opinion...but I would not opt for the convertible. I think it compromises the MINI a bit. The added weight will just detract from the experience. I think the space you lose is a big compromise too. The MINI can be very utilitarian with the seats folded. It seems there is a lot of price gouging on the convertibles too. I don't even know what the base price is but I think it is a lot considering what else is out there for around the same money.

I still get a ton of looks and people asking me about it. It still seems to be a favorite for so many even with their proliferation in the area.

If you have never driven one let me know. I'd be glad to show you around the MINI.

EliseCat

This should be the end of the hijack!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am going to test drive the convertable. end of high jack! And oops! My car is slated for nov 13th in port. I heard the message wrong.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
EliseCat said:
If you want my honest opinion............I LOVE my Cooper S.
It is honestly one of the best handling cars I have ever driven.
Never driven the Elise? Curt will be getting the Black Demo with LSS. Prepare to free your mind. :cool: Feel things feel the same after the Elise. Haven't had the chance to drive the US LSS version but the other versions I've driven have made me forget all other cars. There is no other. The Elise is it.

FISH! 3-4 weeks is the delivery estimate from port to dealer.You should be driving right when the snow starts to blow around here.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
Never driven the Elise? Curt will be getting the Black Demo with LSS. Prepare to free your mind. :cool: Feel things feel the same after the Elise. Haven't had the chance to drive the US LSS version but the other versions I've driven have made me forget all other cars. There is no other. The Elise is it.

YEP!!!

Driven the Elise! I received a ride from Curt...a very spirited one at that. Then I returned on a much nicer day to have at it myself.
Needless to say............Curt is not shy with the test drive...at least not with me.

It seems all of these threads end up in a debate about what is the best and what isn't etc....
Yes of course the Elise is an incredible handling car....but is my Cooper S a blast too..............ABSOLUTELY!
The turn in is just so quick, it really is "FUN" as it is tagged by so many.
It is what it is and others may not think so....but the MINI is truly a gem. Soon it will not be quite the same (if the specualion in various publications is true) as there are many cost saving initiatives in the pipleline for its future.

If I didn't think the Elise was such an incredible car I wouldn't be on the list and getting rid of one of my other favorites!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
It seems all of these threads end up in a debate about what is the best and what isn't etc....
It's not really that it's better etc etc, it's just different. That's just not "it". I've driven the base Cooper and it was fun as hell, and I do respect it alot. It's a great car and I nearly bought one as a second car waiting for the Elise. But with the mid engine & rear wheel drive the experience is just different with the Elise. The Elise is the first car that I have driven and have been in awe at afterwards. I feel more when I drive the Elise. I can't explain it I guess, it's almost surreal for me.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts