The Lotus Cars Community banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Here's my question. There were three LB Elises built together and arrived on July 31st. One was mine (#209) and one went to Fox Valley (blue interior, shipped to California) and the otherone dissappeared (it had a biscuit interior). They were number 321 and 322. Anyone know where the missing LB is? It had to be someone in the know because there has still not been any "offical" annoucment that LB is even available. ONly someone on this list would know.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I still say mine was Hijacked for someone "special" I was told my Laser Blue was built and to arrive months ago when yours did. Probably just a crazy conspiracy theory though.

Yes I live in the Pittsbrugh area.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
You drive Mt. Nebo/Balckburn road to get to Ascot? One of the best drives in Pgh.

If not, get on 279 north of Pgh. Get off at the Camp Horn Exit, the opposite way from Giant Eagle. At the first red light take a left, that's Mt. Nebo road. Take that into Seweckly. Awesome twisty road. It's a great drive for a Sunday. I live just one exit south of that one and I hit it all the time. The Mt. Nebo road part might still be blocked due to a land slide from earlier with the hurricane rains.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just moved from Pgh 5 months ago....great people but it's always raining or snowing...drove me up the wall.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Been to Mt. Nebo several times. Don't remember that road. I will def. check it out. I grew up in PA, went to Pitt but live in Ohio now near Boardman. I work and spend mpst of my time in PA and the Pitt area.

Man has this thread ever been Hijacked!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yeah, when you come down off 76 hit 279 towards Pitt. It at the Camp Horne Road exit take a left then follow it up to Mt. Nebo road. Or keep going down 79 and take the Sewickley exit, don't go down to 65. Great road, just watch for cops. North Hill's cops are nazis.

It's our thread, we'll hijack it if we want... :)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
PhillyPhreak said:
I just moved from Pgh 5 months ago....great people but it's always raining or snowing...drove me up the wall.
Some one told me it rains/snows more in Pgh than Seattle. I believe it. How much better can Philly be?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I heard the same thing about Pitt and seattle...Philly has completely different weather.....a lot of the storms that hit Pittsburgh pass over us. I would go to this great little Belguim Beer bar close to my job...The Sharp Edge. Ever hear of it? They have a selection of that I haven't found anywere else.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
The Sharp Edge
Great beer. Used to live by there. Friends and I would walk there and stumble back. Some of the beers there were 13-15% alcohol. Worst hangovers ever - my brain hurt. Best part Subway was open til 3 and the Wendy's there was open 24 Hrs. They were on my way back to my place, it was out last stop. FOOD!!!

Had it not been for the parking nightmare in Shadyside I would have stayed in that area.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Fish, I saw in your previous post you said you had a place out in CA. So is PA your perminent resident?

·
Registered
238 Posts
ouch!!! that stung...that was our worst lost in a long time

·
Registered
799 Posts
Too bad that Mt Nebo/Blackburn road is almost ALWAYS infested with overaged people that abide by the speed limit!!

You will never get a good run up or down that road!!!
3/4 of the road has a speed limit of 25mgh and the rest is 35mph.

And yes.....the cops in that area are NAZI's to say the least.

Be very, very careful if you ever venture that way.

To continue with the Hijack..........the Sharp Edge is a great place.
There is another in "Shadyside" actually it is really East Liberty.
They have an even larger selection of fine brews than the Creek House. They have 2 hand pumps too.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I opened the Wholefoods Market around the corner in east liberty two years ago. Check it out....by far one of the nicest supermarkets in Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
PhillyPhreak said:
I opened the Wholefoods Market around the corner in east liberty two years ago. Check it out....by far one of the nicest supermarkets in Pittsburgh.
Are you still with whole foods?

·
Registered
135 Posts
What do you mean you opened the Whole Foods market? I drive over an hour to do all my shopping there. (Old BodyBuilder health type of guy.)

Funny thing is I walk two blocks to the Whole Foods by my Redondo Beach Home.

Yes, I live in Ohio, work in PA and also own a brand new beautiful Redondo Beach....ummm...Beach home.

It's a rough life but I try to do my part.

Hey, Wallabyguy...See you in Jacksonville!
:bow:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm a Team Leader at the Princeton store(new store...biggest in the company) now...I was one of the opening Team Leaders at Pittsburgh. I miss that store. They have a great crew.

·
Registered
592 Posts
PhillyPhreak,

Can you confirm if they are opening a Whole Foods in West Hartford, CT. We think they will build one a couple of miles from our house . Please tell us this is true because we would love to have one in our town!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yes Ex M3...the address is:
West Hartford
Raymond Road
West Hartford, CT
42,550 sq. ft.
Opening date to be announced.

hope this helps!

41 - 60 of 68 Posts