The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Ardent Red Elise
297 Posts
Don't give up on the Blackburn/ Mt. Nebo Road route based on the warnings here. We test drove the Ascot ST Elise over those roads, no holds barred and they are fantastic. The posted limits may be 25 and 35 mph, but the Elise can take them much, much faster despite the twisties. No trouble getting into the second cam. Just drive the route once, checking things out, and then enjoy the second time through. Take care though to watch the entrances from side roads as you come through -- site-lines are short and easily overdriven in the Elise. Took our 10AM Miata, which I'm comfortable driving much closer to 10/10ths and has pretty stiff suspension, around the route on the way home and, comparatively, it felt like a '59 caddy. Great roads. Always obey the speed limit.:huh:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm definately gonna check it out! We've got really great driving roads in rural Ohio too.

Whole foods is awesome man! Wasn't their stock killing in 2004?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I'm planning a Club111 event for Pittsburgh next year. It will consist of an optional road trip (maybe along route 6). I'll also talk to Ascot about sponsering the event. Anyone interested in helping me plan the event, PM me.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
fish said:
Is there going to be any type of Pittsburgh get together maybe in the spring?
I'm getting something together for a Thankgiving/Christmas event, then more event in the Spring. If you check out the "Regions" section you'll see when I post the events. I'm going to try and be at all the NHSCC and Steel City's AutoX's.

Whole Foods is awesome. Used to live down the street (By Giant Eagle & Wendy's). The best steaks ever are there. $$$, but good. Went there all the time for din @ the food bar.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I lived a lot of places while attending Pitt. I lived by that old Giant Eagle too, years ago.

Ohio's pretty cool. :confused:

61 - 68 of 68 Posts