The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Ascot Imported Cars Has an Elise.....

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  fish 
#1 ·
.....MINE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Arrived this morning. I'm headed to Pittsburgh tomorrow, so I can be there on Monday. I can't wait! :D :D :D

#8 ·
fish said:
Congratulations! I am 13 there waiting for my Lazer Blue. Too bad I didn't see this post this am. I would have gone to look at it. Not touched it though.....:D
Fish: Don't know about your experience at Ascot, but thus far, I couldn't be more pleased. Really nice and helpful on the phone. And thus far, all has gone smoothly.

#11 ·
Don't know. :(

I won't reach Pittsburgh today till after dark, so I don't think I'll bother checking.

Actually, they got 2. Since they arrived just a few hours before closing, I suspect the other one is still there, too.

Those guys keep banker's hours!

Mon, Tues, Thurs to 7 pm
Wed, Fri to 5 pm
Sat to 3 pm
Closed Sunday

#12 ·
Congratulations! And I hate you! Well, "hate" in the "Krypton Green with Envy" sense of the word... :p

Post pics when you can! :)

Bob

#15 ·
Yep, just got back. Those guys were great. That really was the most painless sale in history. A few simple forms, and that was it. No games on the prices, no bizarre dealer-installed options offered, no "processing fees", nothing. Curt was great. (And I know he reads this board, so, thanks again Curt!)

Prep took a while, partly cause one of the parking lights wasn't working. Turns out the connector either wasn't plugged into the bulb, or had come loose in shipping. But everything else checked out ok.

Lou (the Service Manager) was kind enough to let me hang out with him as he prepped the car, which was interesting. In talking to Lou, he told me that he's so used to driving rare exotics (Lambos, etc.), so it's no big deal for him anymore, but that when he drove the Elise demo a few months back, "that put a smile on my face." He told me that it was THE best handling car he'd ever driven. And the federalized version is better!

I also met the owner of the dealership. Really nice, extremely refined older gentleman. (Not what I'd picture as a typical owner.) I was remarking on the GORGEOUS new Bentley in the showroom. It was very modern, with a reals sports-car look, unlike most Bentleys. That sucker has over 500hp. Anyway, I commented on how nice it was, and he allowed how it was, indeed, a very nice car. But he said that it remained to be seen if it would become a classic. He contrasted this with the Elise, telling me that "every car Lotus makes is a classic."

They were also nice enough to let me scrounge thru the shipping boxes of all the Lotus merchandise they'd just received. I bought a mug, cap, bunch of pens, and a padded bag for the hardtop (nicer than the one it comes with).

So I just drove back 250 miles. First impressions -- SWEET! At one point in the drive, I suddenly had the sensation of really being one with the road -- of really sensing what the car was doing, like you do in a go-cart. Nothing artificial between you and the pavement below. Really nice.

Getting into the car isn't too bad, but getting out is a TOTAL pain in the arse. Oh well, I'll get used to it.

Full report to follow. I'm sure you're waiting with bated breath. ;)

#19 ·
I think I'm gonna call ascot tommorow...I have heard nothing but good things about them. I heard the wait list is really long in Princeton...so a 300 mile ride across PA shouldn't be too bad.

#20 ·
I had to attend a funeral and I was near Ascot tonight. Begrudginly my wife was dragged to their place after hours. She said, "See? They don't even have one of those cars, now let's go!" Ahhhhhhh...but she doesn't possess the male gene for denial. I got out of the car and snooped around their garage and just as I thought, they had the Holy Grail :bow: wedged in between some Land Rovers on racks. There sat an Ardent Red Biscuit interior Elise! Inspection stickers and all. If I didn't know better I'd swear it was a demo car? Maybe not but I am going to see it tomorrow AM in person. I managed to take some nice shots through the window and then was in fear of being chased by cops so I left.:no:

#21 ·
Talk to Curt. He sells the Lotuses (Loti?). And while you're there, walk around the corner to their Rolls Royce showroom, and take a look at the Corniche. It retailed for $365,000, but it's used, so I understand you can have it for about $235,000!!!

#22 ·
Is Ascot one of the larger Lotus dealers....#63 on list

I was wondering if Ascot is one of the bigger Lotus dealers because I am #63 on thier list and was told that larger dealers will get more cars than smaller ones. I have deposits at 2 dealers just to increase my chances of getting a car sooner.
Just can't wait.

#24 ·
Anyone that ordered Orange and is aprehensive......Fugedaboudit! It is simply awesome. It was my first choice then I went with Laser Blue when it became available. Realy something to behold in person. I am not a guy who likes gaudy things and this is definately not that! This color pops with class. It seems to change hues in different light. Great choice guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.