The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to them. They said they are supposed to get one in this week (Tuesday). They said they will sell them for sticker but you need 2500 down. I also spoke to rothrock motors. They can't say they will sell it for sticker. They only require 500 down.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What does this mean? Be more specific. Are they getting an S2 111s? It is obviously not the federalized Elise. Be careful because whatever you buy from them right now will not be street legal.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
If I may, I think he is saying that they are getting in one of the demo cars.

And that as far as them taking orders for the Elise, they require $2500 down, but they will sell for sticker.

Rothrock only wants $500, but no guarantee.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I just spoke to them - they will have it Tues - Friday.

I get to drive the Elise! na na na na na!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any idea when other dealers around the country will get it for test drives? All I've heard is that Austin TX will have one for a car show in the fall. Closer is Minneapolis... is there any kind of schedule posted somewhere that is validated by LotusUSA? I still wanna try my big fat quad E width feet in that footwell -:)

Bob

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
I won't need too much an excuse for a trip to Hethel. If the beer is on Craigy, we can arrange a group trip. :)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lotus Fury, can you let me know how your test drive goes? Also, if you can snap some pics, that would be great. I live 3 hours away (York) and don't think I can make it out there by Friday.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I guess Ascot did not get a demo Lotus in this week? They were supposed to call me.:confused:

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Call them!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Yes, there was one there. Curt is heading up to LOG so it's gone by now.

Test drive was boring because the cops around Sewickley are facists & anthing .5 MPH over the speed limit gets capital punishment. Plus there was a big old truck in front of me limiting my ability to go fast. It handled the corners well but at 25 MPH even a Hummer could do that. Steering is a little heavy but it's not hard to deal with except at a full stop. But this car eally isn't meant to be sitting still, is it?

You sit very low to the ground. There were some branches down from a tree in the middle of the street & I felt like I could have just reached down and picked them up. The shifter is a little sloppy & had a pretty long throw for a car of this type, a short shifter kit could fix that easily.

And for those that don't know the difference between a GT car and a Sports car this car will quickly show you the difference. There is little luxury here. I won't go into huge detail since you can find posts that describe it better but one thing is that it you get a sense that it's rickety. There is little or no sound deadening & it feels like you are driving a metal can, which, in effect, you are.

Anyhow, here are some pix. Please for give the low quality of the pix since I only had my Palm Z71 with me ( a whopping .3 megapixals).

Check out Pic #4, it shows the size compared to a full size MB. It really gives you a good idea how small the Elise is. For those that don't like small cars this isn't for you.

Front of the Ascot dealership:

Elise :

Elise:

The most important pic of the Elise, a comaprison with a full size MB.

Elise:

Elise:

One of the last Esprits

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What a crappy salesman. I spoke to Mike last Saturday and he said he would call me when they got it in. WHATEVER!! I couldn't have made it out during the week anyways.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
It's been my experience that not calling is kinda normal. You have to follow up unfortunately.

I wonder, in almost every test drive of the 3 cars circling the USA, the tops have been on. Regardless of the weather.

Was the weather inclement?

Or is this intentional to weed out those that aren't limber enough? :)

Seems odd because I think the car looks a lot better with the top down, and it would be a lot nicer to drive and to get in and out of.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Not quite sure why the top was on. I would rather have had the top down. It would have been a hell of a lot easier to get in that way. Maybe to set realistic expectations of the customer (so they know what they are "getting into"), maybe just takes too much time. Who knows...

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
That pic sure does make it look small. :eek:

That looks like my Mercedes.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Randy Chase said:
...I wonder, in almost every test drive of the 3 cars circling the USA, the tops have been on. Regardless of the weather.

Was the weather inclement?

Or is this intentional to weed out those that aren't limber enough? :)

Seems odd because I think the car looks a lot better with the top down, and it would be a lot nicer to drive and to get in and out of.
When I did my test drive they asked if I wanted it off or on, and I asked for them to leave it on as I wanted to experience getting in and out, as well as driving with the top on.

Hell, I knew I was going to love it with the op off. :)

Robert

1 - 20 of 25 Posts