The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be hosting/leading a drive for the British Car Club of Western NC (BCCWNC) in March. We will start in Asheville, NC and make a trip up to Hot Springs, NC and the come back to Asheville for lunch at White Duck Taco.

I would love to see some more Lotus, I tend to be the only one! @XHILR8N! , feel free to drive your other British car if you can make it...

Club Event site: 2020 March Madness Drive! | British Car Club of Western North Carolina

Details:

We will meet at Ingles Market at the intersection of Patton Ave and New Leicester Hwy in Asheville at 10 am. We will leave out approx. 10:30 am onto New Leicester Hwy and on to adventure!

PDF of the route: March Madness 2020 - Ingles Markets Patton to White Duck Taco Shop - Google Maps.pdf

Leave Ingles approx 10:30 am.

The Route (to Trust, NC - first stop - Approx 45min):

1. From Ingles, turn Right onto New Leicester Hwy (NC 63 west).
  2. Follow New Leicester Hwy ~27 miles (up and over the mountain) out to NC-209.
  3. Turn left onto NC 209 and turn left into Trust General Store in about 130 ft. (can see from intersection)
  4. Pit stop at Trust General Store & Cafe - 14535 NC-209, Hot Springs, NC 28743
Continued (to Hot Springs, on to Marshall, NC - Approx: 45 min):

1. Turn Right out of parking lot onto NC-209N toward Hot Springs for 14.6mi.
  2. Continue straight onto Bridge St in Hot Springs following straight onto US-25 S/US-70 E.
  3. Follow US-25/US-70 to the Right at the bottom of the mountain towards Marshall, approx 15.6 mi.
  4. Turn Left into Ingles Market for pit stop - 5580 US-25 Marshall, NC 28753
Continued (to White Duck Taco - Asheville NC - Approx: 35 min):

1. Turn Left out of Ingles back onto US-25 S/US-70 E for about 2 mi.
  2. Slight Right onto US-25 Bus S/ US 70 Bus E (just before 4 lane)
  3. Continue straight onto NC-251 S for approx 16.6mi.
  4. Turn Right at light to stay on NC-251S/ Riverside Drive in Asheville (towards Grainger on right - intersection with I-26)
  5. White Duck Taco is on the right in approx 1.6 mi - 388 Riverside Dr, Asheville NC 28801
PDF of the route: March Madness 2020 - Ingles Markets Patton to White Duck Taco Shop - Google Maps.pdf

@Carlotus @LawrenceG @PLAY-DOH @Motard @eldonz @blown9746 @flopshotgolf @gamefreak32

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
If we drive up the night before, where would be a good/reasonable place to stay?

Thanks,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I plan on being there, hopefully I'll have an Evora on the road by then. On a side note, will you be at the cars and coffee this Saturday (Feb 15) in Arden? And thanking you for organizing this Tray

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plan on being there, hopefully I'll have an Evora on the road by then. On a side note, will you be at the cars and coffee this Saturday (Feb 15) in Arden? And thanking you for organizing this Tray
yes, cars and coffee again this Sat in Arden at Beef O Brady's

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Hmmm. I know for sure my Elise won't be ready, but it might be fun to take my Mini - it is Brit-ish after all!

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
Thanks for setting this up. Really wanna get the Mac to these events, but gonna be in the teens Sat am. Might be another “trucks and jeeps” version.

But who knows, might have to slip and slide there anyway.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for setting this up. Really wanna get the Mac to these events, but gonna be in the teens Sat am. Might be another “trucks and jeeps” version.

But who knows, might have to slip and slide there anyway.
This drive is a month away... hopefully it's a little warmer next month! If not, i'll keep you advised on all the BCCWNC drives this year... I know I want to host another one in a few months

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Hickory, NC
984 Posts
Fd3s, Is this a rain or shine event? Or should I say snow or shine?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Tray,

We are not going to make it up. Too many things to get done around the house before Barber next weekend.

Take care,
Eldon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts