The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that sometimes it feels like we, here in the USA, can feel a little cut off from Lotus in the UK. I thought it would be nice to get some more insight into the cars by those who make them.

I've managed to conspire with William Taylor (publisher of Lotus books, and the Lotus LTD Remarque) and Anthony Kimberley (son of Lotus CEO Mike Kimberley) to publish a monthly column in the Lotus LTD Remarque newsletter. Read below, what William posted in the current Remarque.

----------------------------------------------------------------
At the moment we can’t promise anything for sure but we are hoping that an idea for a new feature in ReMarque will come to fruition. The idea is to start a question and answer forum with a top engineer at Lotus Cars in the UK. Club members would be able to ask all those questions they have always wanted to.

Members of Lotus, Ltd. are asked to send their questions to Coterie Press, who will gather them into batches and send them over to our contact at Lotus the UK. They will then be distributed to the relevant people who will hopefully be able to awnser them and sent back to us to publish. We can’t promise that every question will be answered but whatever comes back will, I’m sure, be interesting.

Initially this may take a while to get going, but once undeway we are hoping that it will become a regular feature in every edition of ReMarque. We have been told that from time to time, if the questions are applicable, we may even get questions awnsered by CEO of Lotus Mike Kimberley.

So, please send in your questions by e-mail to [email protected] or if you would rather, by letter to us at 5 White Birch, Littleton, Colorado 80127
----------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason this is directed to Lotus Ltd members is due to the fact that the answers will be posted in the Remarque...

As I said, William Taylor is the publisher and Editor of the new and improved Remarque. I also have 3 of his other Lotus books, all very nice.

Please post this on any other Lotus forum, so that other Lotus LTD members might see it.

It would be nice if everyone can include their name (initials or whatever) and city, and possibly which forum that they visit (where they heard of this).

Thanks

Travis
Vulcan Grey 89SE
http://vulcangrey.lotuscolorado.com

·
Registered
803 Posts
surprised at the lack of response...

I am surprised people are not thinking more about this. What an opportunity!

Early days when Lotus first produced a forum, Nick Adams would post frequently. He was the project manager for the Federal Elise and was therefore very knowledgeable. Any questions he could not answer, he was diligent and searched out the answers.

There was a lot of great technical information Lotus was willing to share. While there were areas to avoid, these were few.

You do not make it clear if this is a Lotus Ltd Club feature only or is it open to others. Obviously if the answers are only published in the Lotus Ltd newsletter, it makes no sense for us to participate.

As an aside, Nick stopped posting answers on the Lotus Forum and it died a quick death. An attempt to restore the forum has not succeeded, mostly because Nick was not included in the resurrection. The information has been badly missed...

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts