The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already posted this on TLF, but thought it might find interest here also. You all know I've done quite some customizing on my Evora S and this is the latest addition.

When I got the car in 2011 my first step was to ditch the Alpine, which was just crap. I hated the looks, the colors and graphics and usability. At that time I started looking for Android based unity, but couldn't find anything decent. I finally installed a Sony/TomTom navigation that worked great.

But there has been progress and after several other attempts (that never made it into the car) I have not installed an Asteroid Smart from Parrot. Rooted it and spent some time customizing it before the install. Simply said, the best unit I have ever had and it even fits much better than the OEM.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Very nice.
When I purchased my car the first thing was to switch out the radio. I went with Pioneer with app radio, but I think I like your setup better.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Thanks for making me aware of this unit. Plenty of appeal for sure.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/parrot-asteroid-smart-android-review,3520-9.html

It's going to be fun watching these sort of devices grow in their in their abilities to provide in our cars what we have become accustomed to having in our pockets.

I do wish they all had an actual knob for on/off and volume. Just so it can be done tactically without taking eyes off the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts