The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed a few days ago that my "junk" e-mail folder in my AT&T/Yahoo account only accumulated about 3 spam messages over two days. (Usually has about 100 spam messages in the same time span.)

Apparently, AT&T/Yahoo has implemented a new spam filtering system that now deletes nearly ALL junk e-mail even before it hits your junk e-mail folder - even if you have their spam filtering turned OFF!

It's a great idea except that apparently the filter is deleting legitimate e-mails and the problem is that now you can't go into your junk mailbox to fish out legit e-mails because AT&T deletes them forever before you even receive them.

Anybody experiencing this with AT&T/Yahoo??

Enraged AT&T spam filter eats legitimate mail

·
Registered
676 Posts
I didn't think they actually erased emails.. I thought they just moved them to your junk folder.. I've not had any issues with not getting expected emails..

I DO repeatedly get spam emails with the same return to: and subject and contents over and over when I do mark it as spam.. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think they actually erased emails.. I thought they just moved them to your junk folder..
That's the problem. They're now deleting virtually ALL suspected spam before it gets to the junk folder.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
thats not cool, how does att and yahoo expect those Nigerians to survive? i bet they will sue! finally a legit law suit!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
It would be fine as long as they deleted the right stuff!:wallbang: I mark stuff "spam" all the time and get the same crap over and over.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
gmail FTW :up:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you sure this deleting thing is for real, if it is that would be concerning. But right now I am still getting my fair share of spam mail thru them.
It's true because I have business e-mail forwarded to my ATT/Yahoo account and it's deleted legit e-mails that were forwarded - along with the hundred or so spam mails that get auto forwarded as well.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Oh, get this... I made the horrible mistake of "adding" an email to my ATT DSL account. What I got was a Yahoo alias. Wait, I'll explain...

So I have a normal DSL email addr. I check it via pop3 only. I never ever check it from a yahoo webmail session.

So my mom has been sending me email and I wasn't getting it. Why? I'll tell ya. The dsl email address is aliased to the "extra" yahoo address. The mail (from my mom) was perceived to be spam so yahoo never let it come to either of my addresses.

The fix? I had to login to both yahoo webmail accounts and do the following:

1) Turn spam assassin off (maybe not necessary but I choose to do my own filtering)
2) Check the option to let me get all email via my pop3 client even if they think it's junk (note: I had to do this by logging via both emails which are just aliases of each other)

The really frustrating part is that ATT won't let me unlink the emails or delete the yahoo account. Yahoo won't let me b/c it's tied to an ATT paid account. I basically get "Eff off" from both companies.

They say it isn't a problem. To them, "I get two methods for checking my mail." But in reality it's just a method for Yahoo's idiots to stick their noses in my email business and eff things up. So my would be reliable DSL account is now unreliable. Big frowns.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, get this... I made the horrible mistake of "adding" an email to my ATT DSL account. What I got was a Yahoo alias. Wait, I'll explain...

So I have a normal DSL email addr. I check it via pop3 only. I never ever check it from a yahoo webmail session.

So my mom has been sending me email and I wasn't getting it. Why? I'll tell ya. The dsl email address is aliased to the "extra" yahoo address. The mail (from my mom) was perceived to be spam so yahoo never let it come to either of my addresses.

The fix? I had to login to both yahoo webmail accounts and do the following:

1) Turn spam assassin off (maybe not necessary but I choose to do my own filtering)
2) Check the option to let me get all email via my pop3 client even if they think it's junk (note: I had to do this by logging via both emails which are just aliases of each other)

The really frustrating part is that ATT won't let me unlink the emails or delete the yahoo account. Yahoo won't let me b/c it's tied to an ATT paid account. I basically get "Eff off" from both companies.

They say it isn't a problem. To them, "I get two methods for checking my mail." But in reality it's just a method for Yahoo's idiots to stick their noses in my email business and eff things up. So my would be reliable DSL account is now unreliable. Big frowns.
Yes. It's a sucky setup.

I was originally a Pacific Bell customer, turned SBC when SBC bought out PacBell, turned AT&T when SBC bought out AT&T. Now I still have a PacBell email address but everything goes through Yahoo whether you like it or not. The Yahoo mail is as bad as having AOL.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I think the hackers figured a way to bypass Yahoo's spam filters. I'm getting a ton of junk hitting my inbox recently...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts