The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Atlanta Auto Show is being held March 10 - 13th and Lotus of Atlanta will have an Elise there, and reliable sources from within the Elise Talk Forum tell me that our own Chris, aka Zvezdah1, will be helping with the display on Saturday the 13th.
For all those in and around Atlanta is there interest in getting together before or after the Auto Show on Saturday the 13th? And think of the possiblities at the show, who can come up with the dumbest question for Chris, Gee is this the new Ferrari? Where is the spare? For $38K it doesn't have a V8? The possiblities are endless!
If there is enough interest I will work on a place to meet before or after the show on Saturday. Let me know your preference.
Jim R.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I may take Friday (the 12th) off to go to the show. If not, then I'll be there on the 13th.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Highlander said:
I may take Friday (the 12th) off to go to the show. If not, then I'll be there on the 13th.
I forgot to ask when I had Chris on the phone last Friday. He did say that the would only have 1 Elise there.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI All,
Just got through talking with Clyde at LCU, sends his regards but he's been super busy and hasn't had much time to hit the boards!!

BTW> Lotus of Atlanta will have the magnetic blue US elise for the Atlanta show.

Chris

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
just got an envelope from Chris at Lotus of Atlanta. colour chart and a letter saying the car will be roped off and accessible only to those who placed a deposit with them. you'll also be able to get a brochure and paint sample sheet. now i have no choice but to get over there. most likely it will be mid day on saturday- unless i decide to drive over friday night and go in the a.m.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Went today. Had a great time. Only one Elise- in blue -- sort of thrown together to be present at the show. By this I mean, 1/2 the touring package was on, half missing . . . the radio was broken . . . lot's of scuffs and missing interior finishes etc. I still loved it! Chris was great and explained production, delivery, etc. I hope to stop by on Sat again.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll be there when the show opens in the morning. Black S2000 polo shirt and a bigass camera drooling all over the Elise! :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI All,
Had a blast helping out at the LOA stand with MAGNETIC BLUE ELISE (You were right Jim, I have problems and seem to consistently mix up magnetic with nightfall!)

Was great to meet some of you guys for the first time. Those of you who are lurkers that I talked, cmon and sign up so you can post here.

It was a lot of fun talking to people who actually knew what the elise was.

Hope we can get some activities started up when the cars start getting here!
CHris
PS>I have new appreciation for working an autoshow and now know what it's like, Chris C. and Clyde!!!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought that was Magnetic Blue, it was great seeing you Chris and the car was the highlight of the show for me. Well there was the Carrera GT and then the Ford GT, and oh the ,,,,,,,,,,.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys,

It was nice to meet both Chris's today and thanks for letting me look at the car in person. I think I loved it even more while sitting in it than ever before. It seemed to fit me very well, with the top off of course. I'll try to get my pictures uploaded monday.

zvezdah1 I'll get you the link to that video soon or I can send you a copy on CD if you want.

L8tr
Jeremy in Asheville

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
He Jeremy,
The link would be fine as I've got highspeed connection.

It was great to meet you and glad to see your "official" on elisetalk now!!

Be sure and give Chris C. a call, they expect the Chrome orange demo in May sometime, driving it is even more fun than sitting in it!
Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts