The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK our last autocross for 2004 is coming up on October 24th. Come on out, I am the autocross chairman for the BMW club in Atlanta it would be good to have some Elises run. Here is the link, I think Dan is in, who else?
Jim
www.peachtreebmwcca.org

·
Registered
111 Posts
Damn, I miss all the atlanta events, first deal's gap... now this! I'm going to be in Paris that week, but let me know about the next event. Anything this weekend?

·
Registered
179 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
Jim,
Does the lot allow for many different courses? Is it large & fast or very tight?
Not sure which lot question that was about, but I'm designing the course for Sunday's event at the BMW plant, so it will be a good mix with no 'painfully tight' areas. The lot is big enough for a very fun 40-45 second course, but it does have some dips where opposing drainage slopes meet. I try to cross those with slower speed sections at an angle.

Anyone that's going to the event, feel free to stop by and say hi. I'm a blue s2000 -- #40 B-Stock.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I was in a really nice restoration shop the other day called "Flashback Motorworks" in Cumming, GA. On thier events Bulletin board thay had a Lotus event posted at the end of this month. I think the title was "Lotus club drive" Sorry, don't know the date, just that is was the end of July. I think the last weekend. Does anyone here have anymore info about it, or is anyone going? I will have my car by then and would love to meet some of you local enthusiests.

·
Registered
306 Posts
SweetDaddyD said:
I was in a really nice restoration shop the other day called "Flashback Motorworks" in Cumming, GA. On thier events Bulletin board thay had a Lotus event posted at the end of this month. I think the title was "Lotus club drive" Sorry, don't know the date, just that is was the end of July. I think the last weekend. Does anyone here have anymore info about it, or is anyone going? I will have my car by then and would love to meet some of you local enthusiests.
I remember seeing something about that too, but can't remember the details. Rennsouth is having a big show at that Flashback this Saturday (July 9th). I notice from the pre-registration that several Lotuses will be in attendance (including me). If you have time, stop by and somebody is bound to know something.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Oh man, I forgot all about that already (the rennspeed show!) They invited me out to display my new Beetle with a for sale sign on it that I have on ebay right now. The car is absolutely rediculous, but with the arrival of the Lotus I need to sell it, and all my others. Darn it. I already booked airbrushing appointments with some of the Atlanta Braves wives! Darn. Darn. Well if I gotta be looking at something other than German cars (and some Loti) it my as well be hot chicks. When I went to school for automotive engineering I sure never thought I'd end up painting women for a living! Guess it pays the bills though :) (and gives me bragging rights to my buddies)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts