The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be in the regional section, but nobody reads it there.

I was wondering the status of good ole' Lotus of Atlanta. How many have "the call", "the VIN", or at least ordered it!

I am #31 ordered 4/15/2003 and I have yet to even get a phone call to place my order! Should I just keep waiting or have others in my boat ordered their car and are expecting it this century?

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,633 Posts
I'm #24 and I placed my order a couple of months ago. No firm delivery date or VIN number.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Are you sure you guys have deposits with LOA?

I put one down in June of 2003 and am #37.

No Call, no nothin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
#2 Spot and no call

I have not heard anything from LOA either, has anyone in the top 10 list attempted to contact LOA to find out more information?

CO/Touring/LSS

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it appears that at least up to 24 has placed orders. I better drive over there and make sure they haven't "forgotten" about me at 31.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
LOTUdaGround said:
So it appears that at least up to 24 has placed orders. I better drive over there and make sure they haven't "forgotten" about me at 31.
#1-30 have placed orders at most dealerships.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
We called a few weeks back and they said they didnt know anything yet. That was right about the time that lotus started trying to give dealers actual info.

We called back again a week later and they said that my first car was slated for July build and August delivery but didnt have any build sheet data so I dont know specifics. I think some people actually know the build date of their car, knowing that would make me feel alot better.

Bobafet, I'd imagine because you're an LSS victim like me, that maybe your car is a July build August delivery too? Or maybe you got REALLY lucky and your car is one of the few LSS cars purported to be "on the water".

·
Registered
111 Posts
I called this week and they didn't have any definite delivery for any car, as a side note, they have 200+ deposits now.

BTW, whoever gets their car in ATL first has to call me so I can check it out!:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Del105...I have a deal for you!

Since you would perfer an '06 car I am sure we could make some arangements with Chris at Lotus of Atlanta to swap positions. I am #82 ant that might put you closer to mid next year. PM me.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: Del105...I have a deal for you!

Willy B said:
Since you would perfer an '06 car I am sure we could make some arangements with Chris at Lotus of Atlanta to swap positions. I am #82 ant that might put you closer to mid next year. PM me.
sorry I guess I should have used the "extreme sarcasm emoticon" to finish up that sentence.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats to Chris on being the first Lotus Elise Owner in the USA. That means we are up to #2 on the LOA list. When I called them yesterday, they told me that mine (#31) would be ordered in the next quarter. I think I am getting shafted by them. Although I spoke to Chris and Eric the whole time, when it came time to placing my order, they stuck me with Chad (who has since left). I wonder if his deals got back-burnered. Anyway, any thoughts, comments, advice, out there?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Don't think so Lotuda,

They only had one original list from Lotus of Atlanta, they later bought out Spruell, so they have maybe 20 people from that list to. They've played straight from the start near as I can tell, saw the list while helping at the Atl auto show. It's on an excel spreadsheet, not just a piece of paper with names penciled, you'll be ok, Lotuda.

Just FYI, they've been pretty careful with the list and keeping people in order. I was actually #2 on the list, the first car they reserved as a demo (this was before LCU announced dealers must have a demo on the floor). So realistically that shifted everbody. I became #1, boba #2 (from 3), silverbullet #3, etc.

Chris:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the info Chris. They do APPEAR to be straight shooters so far, but #31 or #30 as you say should not have to wait until the next quarter before even ordering! I guess I will call again. . . the problem is I just moved out of Atlanta to Naples Florida 2 days ago, missed seeing your car! I am going to have to keep close tabs on them and my order on that list since I am now an out of towner . . . BTW, did you get lux package with the leather and sound deadening. I think I am going for yellow with hardtop-- trying to decide on clearbra and that package. Black leather vs standard seats, better top vs. standard top . . . what do you think?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Lotuda,

I have a lot of faith LOA, they didn't know me from Adam, and have been nothing but straight with since dealing with them. Certainly they won't have a problem with you checking in with them from time to time to let em know you're still around.

Because the build got a bit behind, I don't think any of the dealers have ordered beyond 30, perhaps even not that many, can't remember for sure. Roughly 30 cars per dealer would account for around 1200 cars! Of course that's taking into account allocation issues which I have absolutely no idea about.

I didn't get the hardtop. But far as I'm concerned the clear bra is a must have. I'm also glad I got the touring pack, the leather is really nice, I assume the insulated top will really help in the winter for me. (note: those both come with touring pack) BTW> Just put the top on (manual states put on left side first, take off right side first - has something to do with the seal). It took me all of 2 minutes, if that, dead simple.

The yellow and black is a great combo I think you'll be quite happy with it. The yellow is spectacular in the sunlight.

WARNING: Chrome orange, Krypton, Ardent and Saffron ARE walking billboards for "please mr. policeman give me a speeding ticket ;) "

·
Registered
52 Posts
LOA List

I'm new so Hi to all. I wanted to throw in my two cents worth about LOA. My wife bought her 530 from LOA and we couldn't have been more pleased by the experience. The car has lived up to everything promised. Chris has been great to us. We were a long sales cycle but he was always patient and helpful. Its the only car dealership I've actually wanted to visit after the sale (Of course the Lambos and Loti don't hurt either:) .

I'm in the 30s on the list and like everyone else can't wait for mine to come in. I have not been called to place my order but expect to in the next 60 days or so. Believe me this is absolutly first class service from the Lotus I knew, let's just say long ago. Then it was patience of bibilical purportions to get parts etc. and it often took several tries to get to it right. Sorry for the long reply but I like LOA a lot and didn't want them to get blamed for the long wait.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am somewhere in the mid 50's. I forgot the exact number- placed an order at the same time as 3 friends so we'll have 4 Loti hitting Charleston about the same time.

I talked to Chris at LOA last week- he said we should be getting the cars around the end of the year.

Now, he didn't say which year.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts