The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I figured I should make an introductory post here as I just joined the site. I will provide a boring rundown of me...

I am a long time car guy and reside in Atlanta, GA. Currently, I am contemplating replacing my wife's 4-door (Acura TSX) with an Elise.

The Elise will be somewhat of a shared fun car. Our shared car now is a 2007 Honda S2000 and we plan to keep that one. My daily driving is split between a 2006 Yukon and a 1996 Dodge Dakota (come on, you gotta make Home Depot runs every now and then). I am first and foremost an Italian car guy but that hobby has started to eat away at available funds and I am looking to shift a bit away from that for the sake of marital harmony and my mortgage. My toy car is a 1992 Diablo that is being finished up and is a track car. I recently sold my 2001 Diablo SE and am looking to replace it with an LP560-4 once I find the right deal (may be a few years the way things are looking on them...). I will upload some car pics to my gallery.

Since we don't have kids, I don't see any reason to have mainly impractical cars. My wife (4'-10") has a commute of only 6 miles so I am thinking the Elise might even become something she would want to drive daily. Who knows.

Right now I am weighing the options of a new 09 vs. a preowned car. The advantage to new is that I know the history. The advantage to preowned is that it is much cheaper and therefore I would not feel bad modifying it (mainly talking interior pieces). However, I am not finding many preowned 2006+ models in Atlanta.

-GT

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Welcome aboard, nice collection you've got.
I've always been a fan of Acuras, as I've owned two different Integras in the past. Brilliant cars. Oh ya, and Diablos are decent too. :D

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,619 Posts
Welcome aboard!

See my signature for information on the local club. I hope you can join us.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Welcome. Hope to see you around some time.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Welcome! You might try looking outside of the metro area, as my car came out of California when I bought in February, 2007. It is a 2005 car, which some prefer, but it had the options I wanted and didn't have the ones I dislike. Only the squeaks/rattles and non-probax seats seem to be the biggest beef, but the throttle cable is nice vs. DBW. I'm skinny, so the seats are fine to me. I think they're only a problem if you're lardy or have a bad back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! You might try looking outside of the metro area, as my car came out of California when I bought in February, 2007. It is a 2005 car, which some prefer, but it had the options I wanted and didn't have the ones I dislike. Only the squeaks/rattles and non-probax seats seem to be the biggest beef, but the throttle cable is nice vs. DBW. I'm skinny, so the seats are fine to me. I think they're only a problem if you're lardy or have a bad back.
LoA is working with me on this one, but at the same time I think I may expand my preowned search. After all, I don't mind making a road trip for the right car.

I don't think I will have issues with the size (5'-7" - 140 lbs). My main concern is on muscle soreness. I run and bike like a mad man - way more than I should - and therefore tyically have some muscle group that is sore and makes doing things like walking, getting out of bed, etc. difficult!

Mick: I joined up on your group - looks like some nice drives!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts