The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Wow Such Admin
6,958 Posts
As a new member, you will not have access to PM's until you have made 5 posts. This is combat some recent scammers that we have seen on here. Please do not make 5 spam posts just to get access to the PM's as the posts will get deleted.

Check out the uberthread:

**Elise/Exige Uberpost READ THIS. Everything you need...

Tons of useful information for new owners as well as potential buyers!

Check it out!

UPDATE all members the site owners finally added in an extra layer of security that has been asked for. You will need three days as a member and ten posts in order to send/receive PM's and/or enter the Marketplace.

·
Registered
505 Posts
interesting, seems like a needed filter, but hard if you join and want to purchase a car and not bother other posts just to get 5-10 posts.
just ask a few questions about the car you maybe interested in,if youre serious,surely you would have a few questions :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
People will still find a way doge!

·
Premium Member
12,143 Posts
Can we add?:

These cars have been around for a while.

Please don't imagine that whatever question you have or whatever just befell you is the FIRST time it's come up.

Do a search, even use thru Google.

Boring reading the same discussions over and over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What is a sticky? What is a PM?

You folks seem to have your own lingo here on the site. Is there some dictionary or reference document to let newbies in on the action?

·
Wow Such Admin
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You folks seem to have your own lingo here on the site. Is there some dictionary or reference document to let newbies in on the action?
Sticky is a where a thread is stuck at the top of a section. A non stuck thread get's pushed down as newer threads are made. If a thread becomes a sticky, it can't be pushed down by newer threads.

A PM is a private message between users.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To Buy or not to buy

Greetings Lotus members,

I have an opportunity to purchase a 2005 Lotus Elise with about 33,000 miles. Two owner vehicle, dealer serviced and maintained with records. Hard top and touring package included. For those curious, ardent red with biscuit interior.

The purchase price is $29,500 USD.

Thoughts? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Hi Folks,

I'm new. In the process of buying a '94 Esprit S4, Silver/black interior. Esprits have been my bucket list car for years, need a daily driver for work, one owner, 39K miles, no major probs. Having it shipped from Charlotte, NC to West Palm Beach/Miami area to mechanic for a once-over (should have done that before, but since no major probs came up and I'm spending less than I would for a new Camry... 26.5K). Anyone know of a good mechanic in that area? Any and all advice welcome.

Thanks in Advance,

Ed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, appreciate the restriction on PMs but need to PM a Mod with the price of my car in the classifieds! Its £29,950 GBP.

S

·
craigyirush
1,555 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,143 Posts
How to Search:

For future reference: Don't use the search on this site. Simply use Google and end the search text with "site:lotustalk.com". E.g.
Transmission Fluid change what bolt site:lotustalk.com no space betw site:lotustalk.com

1 - 20 of 108 Posts