The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm replacing my OWM radiator with all alloy , my shops not set up yet , dealer wants 1k to install it , how bad is he bending me over?? Or maybe he isn't, anybody pay much less?

·
Registered
237 Posts
That is not completely out of line for a dealer. The job does take a long time and there is a lot of chance for error on the part of a shop (bolts loose, scratches, etc).

When I had my oil line recall done, the dealer wanted $900 in labor to install a new rad even though the clam was already off for the recall. I politely declined and did it with my friend at work, although I do have the advantage of working at Sector111...

·
Registered
3 Posts
You folks seem to have your own lingo here on the site. Is there some dictionary or reference document to let newbies in on the action?
Sticky is a where a thread is stuck at the top of a section. A non stuck thread get's pushed down as newer threads are made. If a thread becomes a sticky, it can't be pushed down by newer threads.

A PM is a private message between users.
I hope I'm referring correctly to a prior post. My comment: Thanks for the glossary!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
As a sincere long-time appreciator of the Lotus approach to building enthusiast automobiles, I was pleased to find a forum that welcomes and encourages the sharing of everything Lotus-oriented. My first drive in an Elan in the early 70's showed me why there is such a following for these cars. I have owned a number of British makes; Jaguar, MGB, Sunbeam, & Austin, but nothing short of a vintage XKE can elicit the feeling of cornering at speed in a Lotus. There is not currently a Lotus in my garage, however, I hope to remedy that in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

Registering here as just re-purchased my previously owned Lotus Elise S1 (1996)

I am on most of the other forums as I had been looking for the car for a while, I was the original owner and just fancied getting the car back (midlife crisis possibly lol)

After the Elise I had an S1 Exige which I then ended up selling when getting married and starting a family.

Will no doubt have questions for some of you regarding ownership challenges etc whilst I get back in to running the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this sight. I have experience on working with the elise exige and evora. Looking to help out with some repair knowledge and some custom fab work that I have done for them as well.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts