Go!

GO!

GO!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,370 Posts
+1 and someday need to see if anything more can be squeezed from the S240 over the regular S. :p

Having Charlie on here is pretty cool isn't it?

Us: "Charlie, I need 30+ more HP from my car."
Charlie: "I'll get right on it."

:nanner::nanner2::nanner:

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charlie:

I didn't need a pulley puller to remove my pulley.

Only needed 18" crescent wrench for the pulley, and a 19" socket and long ratchet handle, or handle with cheater pipe.

Place car in 6th gear and put e-brake on.

Jack and support car on right lift point. Remove right wheel, and middle undertray.

I first loosened the bolt on the pulley (lefty loosey, righty-tighty) using an 18" crescent wrench and cheater handle for some leverage. Once it broke loose, I took the nut off.

Then I located the tensioner for the belts. Attached 19" socket and extension handle, and pulled towards back of car. I was able to get enough slack in the belt to remove the belt.

Once the belt was off, my stock pulley came right off with just a little wiggling and barely enough room to clear the shaft and inside of the chassis

No pulley removal tool necessary.

It helped to have a little shop light pointed up in there. You can wedge it in there somewhere.

Took about 45 minutes between drawing a belt diagram, figuring out which pulley, getting leverage, etc.

I also took this opportunity to install the undertray quick-release system I bought here on the board.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
yeah i didn't need one either, we levered it off the first time, but its easy to damage the pulley you remove.

i bought a couple of two and three pullers from harbour freight, but decided just to get the right tool for the job.

some are harder to get off than others, pulleys that is.

this is what i ordered from kenne.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
different hardware since its using the lotus bits.

cheers ww, i'll email you (or address is on goth.am ) let me know how much i owe you them, unless you want them back.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just sent a 3.0 out to you. 3.1 is still on car, and since I added 16 pins and a plate to my right arm and 8 pins and 2 plates to my left collar bone 2 weeks ago, I don't think I can get it off ;)

WW

1 - 20 of 132 Posts