The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should have been more clear...

The electronic ordering system that was supposed to be implemented at the beginning of this month.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only info I have besides what I've gotten from this board is that my car was "supposed" to be built already... but was apparently not due to LSS delays.

Last I heard for an estimated delivery was September... but that was a couple months back and doesn't look very likely at this point.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Just in case anyone was wondering, I still have NO INFO

I have a dealer's total guess as to when the car might arrive.
I can get a second "approximate estimated guess" from the homeless dude at Vons with just as much accuracy. What I need is INFO.

According to Desert Euro, they have no allocation counts, no schedule, no details, no build dates, no shipped cars, no demo, no nothing. If someone posted that Desert Euro isn't actually a Lotus dealership at all, it would be hard to argue otherwise.

Lotus??!?! Hello? This sucks. I sure hope the car is worth it, because it's horking my whole summer. Must be nice to have a vacation in Hethel. Around here, we wait by the phone in case the call comes.

In case anyone at Lotus USA is actually reading this board, let me be quite direct: Please call Pat Marsh at Desert European Motorcars, introduce yourself, and let him know how many Elises you expect to ship each month this year. If some are already on the way as a surprise, maybe a heads-up would be cool. I really don't think that's too much to ask, even from a lowly one-car customer. Just one phonecall. Please?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Ground Loop said:
Just in case anyone was wondering, I still have NO INFO

According to Desert Euro, they have No Allocation info, no schedule, no details, no build dates, no shipped cars, no demo, no nothing.
Not to beat a dead horse, but they DO know their allocation. They just don't want to share it with anyone, which to me seems very dubious.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I am most interested in these two paragraphs of the English letter.

- We will be calculating the next allocation in the coming weeks. By the end of July, you should know about how many cars will be produced for your dealership from October through the end of December 2004. This time we will give you a tentative production month so that you can work with your customers to anticipate when their cars will arrive.

- Information on vehicles will improve throughout the remainder of the years as the pipeline becomes full and shipments become more consistent. We anticipate that by late October production will be at full normal production. Late in the 3rd quarter 2004, Lotus will launch dealer interfaces for our new computer system. This will allow you to go on the web to order, manage and retail your vehicle inventory.[/B]
July has come and gone. Whether or not my dealer knows this information or not is still foreign to me. At our last chat, they stated this information was just around the corner, but had not yet arrived yet. Same old story really and they also wish they had more information to tell customers. Perhaps it is time to ask again...

As far as the new computer system, it is not supposed to be launched until later this year. We are all expecting it to be in place by mid-October. I hope they are able to roll it out smoothly.

My story is nothing new or rare, but this is an excellent thread to present typical cases of average customers (e.g. people who don't have an insider source at either LCU or Lotus UK).

It's good for Lotus to have more (free) data to work with.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
huggy bear said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but they DO know their allocation. They just don't want to share it with anyone, which to me seems very dubious.
I have no way to verify this, so I'm not willing to make accusations of my dealership. There are enough nice dealerships "in the dark" to make me think that, no, Lotus has not given all of them the information. I'm actually curious -- how do you know they "DO know their allocation"? Inside source or strong suspicion?

What would be nice is if Lotus USA posted a list of dealerships that are "in the know".

The following dealerships have received their allocation information through November '04:

That would clear up the potential for "confusion" and "forgotten" information. But I have to remember that Lotus USA serves the dealerships, and values their relationships over ours. That's probably the core reason why Lotus will never go over their heads and provide accessible public information other than "ask your dealer".

In short, the dealers want to control the flow of information as it best $uit$ them, and Lotus wants the dealers to be happy. So we can beg for answers all we want, and they will probably just laugh at us.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail this thread with speculation. I too am very interested to hear the status check from other customers. Carry on..

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Ground Loop said:
According to Desert Euro, they have no allocation counts, no schedule, no details, no build dates, no shipped cars, no demo, no nothing. If someone posted that Desert Euro isn't actually a Lotus dealership at all, it would be hard to argue otherwise.

Oh man, I think I'm going to throw up. Maybe I should give Austin a call. Or maybe not. Maybe I should just hit myself in the back of the head with a hammer.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Vantage said:

July has come and gone. Whether or not my dealer knows this information or not is still foreign to me. At our last chat, they stated this information was just around the corner, but had not yet arrived yet. Same old story really and they also wish they had more information to tell customers. Perhaps it is time to ask again...
I believe the date got moved out to August 15

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is so far past insane

Let's see, we've got a "horked summer" (I'm not sure, but it sounds worse than herpes!)

Someone else is getting a hammer to hit themselves in the........ back of the head? Why the back? Won't see it coming??

I'm going to get an old tandy computer out of the attic, start emailing dealerships in morse code and tell them I'm Lotus. Yup, five minutes every week and everyone will be up to date! Small detail really that it will be totally fabricated information. Still a vast improvement over our "new informative allocation intiative system" that was started last month.......errrr Last week.......Ummm nope, Mid August, yeah, that's the ticket! I'll just hold my breath...............until................gasp.............

Oh ****, we're doomed!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Re: This is so far past insane

mslpilot said:
Someone else is getting a hammer to hit themselves in the........ back of the head? Why the back? Won't see it coming??
Hair will cover up the marks as long as I don't use the claw end.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
atyclb said:
I believe the date got moved out to August 15
Thanks, I missed that information somewhere. Was it on this board?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doomed is right... and the "but we're a small company" excuse is getting old.

I work at a small company and work with many small companies... and none of us have any problems meeting deadlines and communicating with our clients, even when the workloads ramp up.

There is no excuse for poor management.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
nxm150 said:
The only person I heard saying anything about August 15th was Ridgeman.
I searched for and subsequently read his statement.

Certainly his posts about dealer allocation, and now the approximate date for this particular event seem plausible. However, is it pure speculation? If so, what is it based on? If it is fact, what is the source?

Just curious, as Ridge has made a series of fairly firm statements and I'd like it if he could clarify.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Speculation only.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts