The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just got a 2006 Lotus Elise a few months ago, and I'm planning on doing an oil change and installing a Larini SE Exhaust above the diffuser on Saturday, Nov 3rd. So I was wondering if anyone wanted to swing by and help me out to make things go smoother and quicker. I prefer the afternoon, probably ~1pm, but if someone wants to help out, I'd move the time to when they're free. I might also not have the correct tools to cut the heat shield and a drill to pop off the rivets.

I have other various tools though, sockets, and ramps. We can go out for food after as well. Let me know!

-Chiang

·
Such Administrating
6,897 Posts
I didn't cut my heat shield. I just removed it.

Only part I needed help with was sliding the old muffler off because it was so akward and heavy. So the wife came out and got under it with me. Other than that I did it all by myself in a couple hours.

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
If nothing else you can bring it in to Dietchwerks since you are in San Jose. He should be able to get you in and out pretty quick.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wouldn't completely taking off the heat shield cause the reflector to melt and also the rear clam to warp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts